Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Team

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

I called the VA hotline today to ask the status of my claim and they told me it was accepted by the rating team on march 2nd, after that it will go to a something or another team to verify your claim...Anyone have any idea this part takes, I started my claim October 28th, 2010.

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That is not true. Anyone that put in an AO/Nehmer claim from last August or before has to be processed by October of this year ahead of anyone else.

Respond to the Maine VARO statement......

Nehmer claimants are not pushing anyone aside.

"I don't begrudge old AO claims getting priority but for brand new ones to go to the head of the line I have a hard time with.."

A Nehmer claim means the claim was already denied by VA in the past and in some cases-very long ago.

Many vets still tried to succeed in those older claims ,appealed and still couldn't succeed.

Any Nehmer veteran (or Nehmer widow like me)has already put our time in with a past denied claim.

Seventeen years have passed since my husband died of AO so I don't consider myself at the head if any line.

There are other vets with real issues that are now sitting on the sidelines because of this. It isn't fair and you are screwing them. I don't have any problem with the old AO claims that have been waiting but for one that just got submitted last August and now has to be finalized by October and everyone else has to wait until that is done? Think about how that sounds......

deanbrt

Your claim was in appeals for five years before the IHD claims. Whose fault is that? That is the VA's fault for letting your appeals sit for years gathering dust. If you have to wait 3 more months that is just a fraction of the time you have already waited. Blame the VA for their horrible treatment of AO vets over the last 45 years. Do you know how many have died waiting for help? Do you know how many will die before their conditions are every recognized? Most AO vets will probably die from an AO disease. You want to join the club. I know waiting is hard.

• HadIt.com Elder

Dean

I am not screwing anyone. The VA and congress of the USA are screwing all vets because they do not have the staff to do their jobs. Get me a statement from VA Secretary saying all work on claims other than Nehmer claims has stopped. One thing is that AO claims are easy. You either were in Vietnam, or not and you have AO presumptive or not. The only other question is percentage. We are only talking about claims under Nehmer. You are taking the Maine office of the VA's statement as true when, in fact, it may be just an excuse and untrue also. I did not submit Nehmer claim since I did not think it would help me, but now maybe I will since I am entitled to do so. Nehmer only helps those who filed and were denied. I filed and was rated 0%. Maybe I can get money under Nehmer. You are blaiming me so I might as well get blamed for something real. I was supposed to be on Nehmer list but was not included. It only helps me in that I might get extra SMC retro. I wasn't greedy but when I get accused of screwing other vets I may get greedy. You may be waiting for me for a few extra months.

"You are taking the Maine office of the VA's statement as true when, in fact, it may be just an excuse and untrue also..."

You know damned well it it true and I am starting to wonder about this site........

Dean

I am not screwing anyone. The VA and congress of the USA are screwing all vets because they do not have the staff to do their jobs. Get me a statement from VA Secretary saying all work on claims other than Nehmer claims has stopped. One thing is that AO claims are easy. You either were in Vietnam, or not and you have AO presumptive or not. The only other question is percentage. We are only talking about claims under Nehmer. You are taking the Maine office of the VA's statement as true when, in fact, it may be just an excuse and untrue also. I did not submit Nehmer claim since I did not think it would help me, but now maybe I will since I am entitled to do so. Nehmer only helps those who filed and were denied. I filed and was rated 0%. Maybe I can get money under Nehmer. You are blaiming me so I might as well get blamed for something real. I was supposed to be on Nehmer list but was not included. It only helps me in that I might get extra SMC retro. I wasn't greedy but when I get accused of screwing other vets I may get greedy. You may be waiting for me for a few extra months.

There are other vets with real issues that are now sitting on the sidelines because of this. It isn't fair and you are screwing them. I don't have any problem with the old AO claims that have been waiting but for one that just got submitted last August and now has to be finalized by October and everyone else has to wait until that is done? Think about how that sounds......

My friend please EXCUSE ME when I attempt to educate you on "There are other vets with real issues" AO IS A REAL Issue for a lot of VETS and its a serious one. I recent your quote of REAL ISSUES!! Some of you people in here sometimes think your the only ones with REAL ISSUES? I'm very sorry that some of you complain about things you can not control and insinuate that your claim is more important then others?????? I get so tired of the nit picking,complaining, and winning that some seem to insist on doing. It only hurts than helps. We are ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS WITH REAL ISSUES or we would not be in here seeking help with our ISSUES.

Then let me educate you that there other vets with real problems. Get in line!!!

My friend please EXCUSE ME when I attempt to educate you on "There are other vets with real issues" AO IS A REAL Issue for a lot of VETS and its a serious one. I recent your quote of REAL ISSUES!! Some of you people in here sometimes think your the only ones with REAL ISSUES? I'm very sorry that some of you complain about things you can not control and insinuate that your claim is more important then others?????? I get so tired of the nit picking,complaining, and winning that some seem to insist on doing. It only hurts than helps. We are ALL BROTHERS AND SISTERS WITH REAL ISSUES or we would not be in here seeking help with our ISSUES.