Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dont Like Splitting Pills

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I wanted a haircut, and my hair was half as short as the person in front of me, and I was charged the same, I should sue the barber? Or would that be splitting hairs?

sorry....couldn't resist.

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)

• HadIt.com Elder

Isn't this just great. Now the VA has a court opinion to back up ill splitting. The fact that his prescription was for 12.5 mg and the smallest pill was 25.mg now leads a court sanction for VA to require to split pills.

I don't take split pills anymore I told my Doc I would take every 2 days before I split another pill. Heino was bitching about cost and not the actual pill splitting. Pill splitting is a fact of life and many who have to pay full price choose to split pillls on their own.

My problems with pill splitting and it got to be more of a problem as pills were small, irregular, soft and hard all making for problems. As a 100% Veteran I never did have a cost problem. Just a pill splitting problem but not any more.

Some of you might remember him as fighting to keep courts from making Veterans pay alimony and child support from their VA Disability

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I asked about this on another board long time ago and was laughed at. I remember back before I started going to the VA I actually asked one of my docs if I could get the higher dosage and spill the pill to save me some money. He said oh I can't do that I have to write the scrip for the exact amount I prescribe for you!

Of course when I did start being under VA care they sent me a splitter and the higher dosage? I called my PCP and she said the VA had done studies and there is absolutely no reason not to.

Hmmmmm....

• 3 weeks later...
  • In Memoriam

My doc gave me Half dose and twice the number of pills. This works out just fine.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

Once again the VA proves they care more about cost than about vets. I cannot exactly split my pills, so I get an irregular dose of meds. Is that good?