• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Sign in to follow this  
Po'Boy

Yet Another Horror Story

Question

Well, its been a month since my C&P exam for a re-rate for PTSD. My treating doc told me to put in for 100% and wrote a letter to the C&P examiner saying I was unemployable and needed my meds to make it thru the day. The exam was 15 min away (Loch Raven) from the hosp.(Balto.) and as of this writing; the report has not made the 15 mile electronic journey to the main regional hosp. or office. (I have been @70% for 17 yrs). After no word and feeling wholly ancy, I called my VA rep here in Md and she had no info for me. I called 202-565-5436 and got a HUMAN who stated that I needed to call Wilmington,DE for more info. She also suggested the (dont laugh) 18008271000 number. I am a MD resident,not DE. She furthered her statement by telling me I have NO claims open. (I have two-one I already had a C&P for). After explaining that I dont live in DE, the rep acted annoyed (as if I dont know what state Im in) and said I need to call the 800 number again. After a call to my rep from Maryland she assured me my paperwork was in state at least. What I did not know is that a "rater" can supercede the opinion of Phd's w/30 plus yrs of VA experience. I have never met any "raters" and only pursued this on the reccomendation of my long time treating doc. So now I sit, wondering where my paperwork really is, and how some "rater" is going to override my treating docs diagnosis. Why is it we have no where to turn? The DS login requires a trip to the regional office which for me is a 3 hr drive-great when gas is 4.00 a gallon. I dont know what to do or where to turn as the right hand doesnt know what the left is doing and my rep just keeps telling me to wait....it usually takes about a year. I am beginning to think I shouldnt have started this process as I am now a bundle of overworked nerves. Out of all this I will say I guess I did it to myself (enlisting) and I need to shut up and take what they dish out. What a mess.

Po Boy, You need to calm down of course but you know that.

If you want to sign up for ebenefits you can do that now through your my ehealth if you have signed up for that and have been authorized at the eligibility office at your local VAMC. if not go to the eligibility office and get yourself in person accepted. You just need your ID and your pass word.

Remember times are different than 17 years ago when you first filed. The back log is real and the days of claims being granted in under 6 months are indeed rare!

Good luck to you and if you need more help getting signed up the eligibility office is there to help!

Ad

Well, its been a month since my C&P exam for a re-rate for PTSD.

my rep just keeps telling me to wait....it usually takes about a year.

I'd listen to your rep, but will state it will probably be more like 18 months

before any resolve.

Get a hobby or go fishing.

There is NO way to accurately track claim adjudication - the 800 #

can't do it and in most cases neither can ebenefits.

Thank you for your insight. I really did feel quite alone. Since I live 1 mi from the bay, I will fish and swat mosquitoes til its time to burn firewood again. Bloodworms are going for about 11.00 this year. Thanks again.

I'd listen to your rep, but will state it will probably be more like 18 months

before any resolve.

Get a hobby or go fishing.

There is NO way to accurately track claim adjudication - the 800 #

can't do it and in most cases neither can ebenefits.

Thank you for your reply. It can be lonesome here in cyberspace. I am going to take carlies advice and get a hobby (fishing). I will still check this site and offer help to others if I am able and update as needed. Thanks again. Its quite re-assuring to know I/we dont have to go this alone.

Po Boy, You need to calm down of course but you know that.

If you want to sign up for ebenefits you can do that now through your my ehealth if you have signed up for that and have been authorized at the eligibility office at your local VAMC. if not go to the eligibility office and get yourself in person accepted. You just need your ID and your pass word.

Remember times are different than 17 years ago when you first filed. The back log is real and the days of claims being granted in under 6 months are indeed rare!

Good luck to you and if you need more help getting signed up the eligibility office is there to help!

What I did not know is that a "rater" can supercede the opinion of Phd's w/30 plus yrs of VA experience. I have never met any "raters" and only pursued this on the reccomendation of my long time treating doc. So now I sit, wondering where my paperwork really is, and how some "rater" is going to override my treating docs diagnosis.

Po'Boy,

What leads you to believe the above - IMO it is not true.

This is adjudication instruction from M21-1MR

Click on :

http://www.benefits....MS/M21_1MR3.asp

Click on :

Chapter 5 - Evaluating Evidence and making a Decision

Scroll down to the following

styleref "Map Title"5. Medical Evidence, Continued

d. Rejecting Medical Evidence

Unless the historical facts upon which a medical conclusion is based are dubious or untenable,reject medical evidence only on the basis of other medical evidence.

The RSVR may not rely upon his/her own unsubstantiated medical conclusions to reject expert medical evidence provided by the claimant.