Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain / High Blood Pressure / Ed

Rate this question

grent

Question

If a person is taking Oxy codone or Morphine Sulphates for his pain from a service connected and rated back injury

and is also taking propanol, linsiniprol and antenlol for high blood pressure

can the veteran file for chronic pain syndrome, related to the back injury (assuming the back injury has already been rated) plus high blood pressure related to the chronic back pain and ed because of the chronic pain syndrome and or high blood pressure the vet cannot achieve sex

OR DO ALL THESE GO TOGETHER?

FURTHER -------

Also can high blood pressure be rated 100%?

Can chronic pain syndrome be rated 100%

Can ED be rated 100%

Thank for your help and response

thx

grt

Edited by grent

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Man, I see you are frustrated. You can file for chronic pain.

As for getting 100 percent for the 3 ussues you stated, Fat chance.

If your blood pressure would warrant 100 perent, you have bigger problems than filing a claim. You are as good as dead.

Look uo the criteria for Chronic Pain syndrome.

Ed is usually a 10 percent rating plus a SMC of K.

What are your BP numbers?

• HadIt.com Elder

If I was going to file for chronic pain I would file for chronic pain and depression. Are you seeing a VA psychiatrist and going to VA pain clinic. You need to complain about depression and see it gets into the doctor's notes.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you take Lisinopril and have a dry hacking cough especially when you lay down you need to talk to your Doctor and try something else. The VA gives Veterans lisinopril cause it is cheap. However for many it is not a good med. I had it and read on internet that as many as 70% develop this cough told my Doc and was switched to losartin

I am sharing this and by all means it is my experience and my opinion.

If you take Lisinopril and have a dry hacking cough especially when you lay down you need to talk to your Doctor and try something else. The VA gives Veterans lisinopril cause it is cheap. However for many it is not a good med. I had it and read on internet that as many as 70% develop this cough told my Doc and was switched to losartin

glad i asked the question

yes i do have a hacking cough i wake up late at night i thought it was the heat in my house

so linisiporal does that okay i will have the doctor remove that. The VA did not prescribe that a private doctor did

but my other question here is i have already been rated for back injury they put me on morphine sulfates but that wore out so now im on oxy co done i dont like that

can i be rated for my chronic back pain and can my cervical and lumbar be advanced to 100%

can a veteran get a 100% for chronic back pain??

thks

grt

Edited by grent

I DO NOT LIKE LINISPORIL AT ALL. I STOPPED TAKING IT FOR ONE DAY AND THE HACKING COUGH STOPPED ALSO I BELIEVE IT CAUSED MY SINUS PROBLEMS RUNNY NOSE BAD SMELL IN MY NOSE AND IT CAUSED PHLEGM TO BUILD UP IN MY LUNGS i AM GOING TO SEE IF MY DOCTOR CAN CHANGE THIS OUT. I TAKE PROPANOL GEMFIBROZIL AND ATENLOL TO. ALL THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS STOPPED WHEN I DISCONTINUED LISNIPORIL BUT THEN I GOT PAINS IN MY CHEST.

THX

GRT

JBasser, can I file for Chronic Pain or is my case different? You know what I go through..