VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Upset

Rate this question

kryptos

Question

I had a C&P 2 months ago for a claim to increase my back condition. i got a letter yesterday saying they denied the claim but also reduced the radiculopathy of my left leg from 40 to 10 %. i filed a NOD today cuz this is bull. The C&P doctor did not even check my back let alone the radiculapothy of my legs he talked to me for 2 minutes and said goodbye wtf, I am so done with fighting the va it is time to throw the towel in. I guess i will have to stay at 90% forever....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a C&P 2 months ago for a claim to increase my back condition. i got a letter yesterday saying they denied the claim but also reduced the radiculopathy of my left leg from 40 to 10 %. i filed a NOD today cuz this is bull. The C&P doctor did not even check my back let alone the radiculapothy of my legs he talked to me for 2 minutes and said goodbye wtf, I am so done with fighting the va it is time to throw the towel in. I guess i will have to stay at 90% forever....

how many years were you rated 90%? have you ever applied for IU?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not working you should be 100%. If you get SSD you should be rated at least 100% TDIU. If you went from 40% and still are 90% the VA is just plain screwed up.

If you are working and are 90% than there is not much you can do.

Hello Kryptos,

PLEASE........stop and calm down. You are here among other Veterans who have also been thru the ringer. That includes me. I have NO rating and NO service connection yet. I am so tired of fighting with these screwballs ,and just like everyone else here we all have our stories of VA troublemakers. THE VA WANTS YOU TO THROW IN THE TOWEL,,,,,,they are counting on it. Do not let them do this to you. There are so many others that are counting on you to fight and get your benefits to where they are suppose to be. People like me are depending on you as your story could be just the thing that me or another Veteran is watching that could cause us to give up or stand and fight. It is just too important not just for yourself but ALL Veterans.

There are others here who have been thru the exact same thing as you and have dug their heels in and said enough is enough and fought and WON. Yes, I know how hard it is. I am going on a 5 year battle with them and still nothing. I have more issues due to chemical exposures than I could even explain at this point. Just due a search on my posts and under Agent Orange , Fort Greely, and IHD, Peripheral Neuropathy , Restricted lung disease. IBD, Pulmonary Hypertension and a Massive heart attack........just for a few. Someone here has been thru as much or more than what you are going thru and you just can't quit. Pete and Commander Bob have offered some thoughts and suggestions for you so try and think this thing out and be patient.

Who is representing you? Maybe you could also post more facts about your status and claim(s) so we could help. TDIU is for those who are not working. The appeals and NODS are there for you to use. Sometimes a VA lawyer is a good idea , just because you won't have to fight or do it alone.

The VA is slow , stupid and moves without any type of sense. I too want to give up but can't ,,,,,,to much is resting on it. I have to remind myself daily and want to remind you that no matter what happens you must .........NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

"Proposal to reduce" was the VARO's response to my husbands request for increase as well.

They did reduce to 0% and kept it at 0% for several months. It was like a slap in the face, we felt like quitting too, but we didn't

After NOD it was eventually restored to original % with back payments for those few months.

There are some raters on a power trip, that want to let you know they are in control of your claim - they are NOT! It doesn't stay in their hands forever, and eventually the higher ups see their abuse of power.

Keep appealing , get your % back (or raised) and hopefully the SOB incompetent rater fired!