Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc Rehab To Ilp

Rate this question

Aquabear

Question

My counselor and I have a meeting coming up in a few weeks to discuss my future in Voc Rehab. The last 2 semesters I have had to do a medical withdrawal due to my service connected conditions. She left me a voice mail saying she wants to discuss placing me in Independent Living Program, she understands thru my VA medical file that I have been having serious issues regarding my back and legs and the pain meds I take have not allowed me to focus. I guess that she has access and read my VA IME/ CNP exam where the CNP exam doc stated due to my severe back and leg condition I am unabele to secure gainful employment and have had to withdraw from college th last 2 semesters.

I put in for TDIU increase in ratingg for unemployability due to my condition- would this letter from my Voc Rehab counselor help? I am still waiting for the the VA to rate me on the TDIU.

Any thoughts?

Does this help me that she wants to put me in ILP?

I guess I wait for the VA to make their decision?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Yes, the letter from VR&E helps. In fact it is one of the training letters put out to regional offices which also includes giving SSDI consideration as well.

ILP, depending on where you are, can be very helpful, or can be a real trial. Hopefully you have a counselor who is experienced in ILP.

• HadIt.com Elder

Aquabear

Keep in mind that while you are in Voc Rehab you can get free dental care at the VA.

Good Luck with ILP it is a good program for most

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.