Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola - Hr 1407 And S 894

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I received the attached letter from the DAV. It details pending COLA legislation in the House and Senate: COLA - HR 1407 and S 894.

COLA - HR 1407 and S 894.pdf

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, nothing but a dog and pony show. I think the DAV see's that this may end up being year #3 in which the COLA gets blindsided........true cost is between 7-9% right now, the CPI is not even close, as they can input and delete things that are rising as they see fit.......with things on the Hill as they are we will again take a haircut and since we didn't mind getting the burr............well you get the picture.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Has anyone tried the New Coke Zero. Now that that is a realistic COLA.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Basser is right. "New Coke 0%" is the Cola the VA plans on handing out to Vets. I can see the letter now:

Dear Veterans:

We thank you for your faithfull service. This year, we just did not have any money left over after mandatory VA executive bonuses, mandatory wall street bonuses, employee raises, 401k's, increased costs for health insurance and fuel surcharges, increased government debt, to have anything left for Veterans. So, as in the past 2 years, we are offering any Vet who goes to his grocery store with a dollar and a half a "Diet Zero Cola".

Signed...

The President. Dont forget to vote for me again next election.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Lol, funny!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Basser is right. "New Coke 0%" is the Cola the VA plans on handing out to Vets. I can see the letter now:

Dear Veterans:

We thank you for your faithfull service. This year, we just did not have any money left over after mandatory VA executive bonuses, mandatory wall street bonuses, employee raises, 401k's, increased costs for health insurance and fuel surcharges, increased government debt, to have anything left for Veterans. So, as in the past 2 years, we are offering any Vet who goes to his grocery store with a dollar and a half a "Diet Zero Cola".

Signed...

The President. Dont forget to vote for me again next election.

COLA has no ties with the financial things posted above.

No politics on Hadit - your joke is political.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I received the attached letter from the DAV. It details pending COLA legislation in the House and Senate: COLA - HR 1407 and S 894.

Just a quick up date. Now if they can stop squabbling long enough to get this to the president.

Senate approves COLA increase for disabled vets

By Rick Maze - Staff writer

Posted : Thursday Oct 20, 2011 1:36:59 EDT The Senate moved Wednesday night to make sure disabled veterans receive the same 3.6 percent cost-of-living adjustment as Social Security beneficiaries and military retirees, but in typical congressional fashion it’s not yet a sure thing.

By voice vote, the Senate passed S 894, the Veterans Compensation Cost-of-Living Act of 2011, which directs the Department of Veterans Affairs to give disabled veterans the same increase on the same effective date as the rise in Social Security.

The result would be a 3.6 percent increase, effective Dec. 1 and paid in January, in veterans’ disability compensation, dependency and indemnity compensation for survivors, additional dependent compensation and clothing allowances for some veterans.

This would be the first increase in two years.

The House of Representatives passed its own version of the bill, HR 1407, on May 24. It has similar provisions, but the bill cannot be sent to the White House until the House and Senate pass the same legislation. Final passage won’t happen before next week because the House is in recess until this coming Monday.

Cost-of-living adjustments in Social Security, military retirement and federal civilian retirement are automatic, linked to annual changes in the Consumer Price Index. COLAs for disabled veterans are not automatic, because the House and Senate veterans committees refuse to relinquish the power of passing a COLA bill each year.

Iraqrecall