Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

One Of Va's Newer Slogan's

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Have other's started noticing one of VA's newer slogans ?

The one I'm referring to is :

I Care - Department Of Veterans Affairs

Integrity . . . . .

Commitment . . . . .

Advocacy . . . . .

Respect . . . . .

Excellence . . . . . Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement.

Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions,

willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.

I'd like to know if this is atmosphere of thought and intention is being applied

from the top downward ?

Any VA peeps - can you chime in on this ?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

You usually do such fine research, but I think you may have this one wrong.

I = Im

C= Concentrating

A= About

R= Rejecting or could be Remanding (the memo was a little blurry)

E=Everything

Best regards :-)

Edited by 71M10

Slogans are great displays of failed attempts to motivate the organization and produce real improvements. They area de-motivators in that some of the more bitter employees mock them and spread their bitterness to others. Real improvement has to come from each employee, manager, whomever wanting to make a real change in themselves and how they do their work. All it takes is some bravery to call out poor processes that impede work, identify bottlenecks in processes and address then, etc. Real organizational change can happen, but slogans won't do the trick.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the best motivation is doing a good job. They should be finishing claims and than taking care of the new ones. No Veteran should have to wait years for something that should be done in months.

when I was in the line for filing, , while awaiting for a comp exam,,, I took the waiting time to ask about some forms for gettings some smr copies,,, they left me there for 10 minutes without anyone in front of me... as I twisted in pain trying to stand with my cane... I finally went up to the desk because I thpought they had motioned to me, it turned out they were waving their hand at soemone sitting behind me... I went back to the red line, and waited some more, they were about 6 people behind that desk chatting,, and they all looked at me like I was some POS trying to make them actually work... I was treated so bad I am so angry to this day,, and the gestapo tactics by the gaurds at the front door of the building are sickening... they insulted me and my wife when I had goe to the DRO hearing, because we brought my records in boxes on a wheeled dolly... and they demanded we put eveyrhting inthe x-ray mahcine and chastized us for not nowing how to be searched...

whoever runs the VA needs to be fired for the bad behavior of so many scumbags at these claims center.. really bad attitudes.. nasy nasy places to go to,, and to get the rubber stamp by people who hate their jobs, but love their high pay... and dispise the vets who are crippled crawling in to fill out claims... abusive as hell they are..

If only the VA could generate a usefull acronym or slogan something really effective.

I remember my M16 and SPORTS Slap on the bottom of the Magazine, Pull-back the Charging handle, Observe the firing chamber, Release the charging handle, Tap the forward assist device, and last but not least Squeeze the trigger (or was it sight picture).

That was a slogan/acronym that had real meaning and often times solved the problem. It gave direct instruction/guidance!

Don't get me wrong, there are some fine VA employees, but until upper-management types make it clear that it matters to them. It will remain another public relations scheme that someone was paid to implement.