Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does It Take Sooo Long For A Decision

Rate this question

82nd 3/504

Question

I have been waiting a year for a decisions on a c&p comp.claim why so long and why do they make it sk hard. Just when I thought everything was in they ask for more paper work. I checked the e benifits page daily and it said no action needed then wham they ask for something else. I had even called and asked if it was all in and my packet complete and thy said yes and boom we news this or that. I didn't ask for anything when I served but thy ask for everything it just seems wrong.

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

As bad as the wait can be imagine what it is like when you don't have Hadit or friends to help you manage. Sometimes you get answers you don't want to hear but at least you get the truth. The VA pretty much ignores Veterans as they put them through the wringer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Recently, employees of the VA, NSO representatives and other veterans are blaming the Vietnam Vets for clogging up the system with AO claims and creating additional delays.

The reality of the unexcusable delay lays at the feet of the VA Upper and Middle managers as well as those that are mandated to support the disabled vet in his/her claim. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs, Congress and an apathetic civilian population are truly to blame, as well. Because of the delays and excuses being touted these days, I am beginning to feel a rift between some of the younger vets and the older vets.

I have seen this before, many decades ago. We must be reminded that in union there is strength.

Edited by Commander Bob

I agree with Commander Bob that the delays are not the sole responsibility of AO claims.

Sorry if I came off blaming AO claims completely, was not my intention. The system is

inept and seems the only ones that care are the Vets, and loved ones. We are all in this together,regardless

of what branch, dates, relationship to a vet, or job we did in the service. We should all be proud

to have served our country. I thank you all for your Service. Together we stand, divided we fall.

Can't remember where that is from, but it is true.

• HadIt.com Elder

... Sorry if I came off blaming AO claims completely, was not my intention...

No need for sorry,'Harv'. IMHO You are correct regarding AO claims as priority cases. I total agree with your Post today, at 10:02 AM.

I was referring to the general attitude in the VA, its NSO's and affiliates, as well as many in the veterans community.

Best Regards,

C.B.

Edited by Commander Bob

No one really knows how long it takes, every case is different, complete evidence on submission, another C&P exam, then later (if the decision takes too long) a C&P exam (YES) for none other than to see if the Veteran is still standing (happened to my Veteran) - we asked the doctor why he was there, he said the VA wanted to know his current condition (after numerous exams 6 months prior).

I am sure I'm not alone when I say "I feel for you" --- and won't go into how long it took my husband to receive his sc for his first condition (the 2nd went to DC via an appeal that he did win) - HIs first C&P exam was 5 years AFTER he filed. Go figure. Some may wonder why 5 years. Initial decision denied. Filed DRO. Let the VA obtain all of his records (who really knows how long this took?). Denied again. Field appeal. Proved in-country service in RVN. Partial win. The rest of the claim went to DC.

As Carlie mentions and so many others, be sure to get a paper trail (via IRIS) --- 1-800 is not reliable as is the ebenefits site. We still await a decision on a couple of deferred issues and AO IHD, at one year and counting.

I really hope you get a decision soon. The waiting is the worst. At least if you get a decision, whether it's to sc or deny, you can move forward from that point. Never give up.

Edited by VetsLady

Veterans are never in competition with one another for benefits.

We are competing with a System that values attracting prime meat to the grinder yet disregards the resulting hamburger. :angry:

We need to raise whatever hell is necessary to get what is ours.

Have you seen the Wounded Warrior commercial where you can "sponsor" a disabled veteran like they're some starving child in a 3rd world country?

I'm sure they're helping many but their existence should not even be necessary.

NEVER feel guilty about applying/pursuing care and benefits- you have earned them! :smile: