Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mystic W/ Ptsd, From Rape,coerced Abortion, Hurt Back,fibro...more

Rate this question

mysticcherokee usn vet

Question

Hi, Im bewildered by all of this. I feel brain damaged with the ptsd, how do yall remember all of this stuff. I really dont know what Ill do, if they turn me down again. Its been a tough row to hoe, no sht. Im lucky to be alive, because Ive tried the other way, not my time I guess.

Will a congressional oversight help or hurt more.

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Im seesawing so much Im driving myself mad, I tell you. appt w/ therapist tonight.

My vso says that in light of the content of drs letters va has no choice but to open it up for appeal. He is the kinda guy who wont join the teeter totter, and say vso's that give people false hope are full of it, and he wont. He did however say tody my claim looks good.

So I hope and then something will come up and its te depths of despair, worrying into the night. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! M.

• HadIt.com Elder

But my Civilain neuro-Psychiatrist basically says in part. "its right there in her medical records, plain as day"

Mystic, I'm guessing you sent your civilian shrink's report that pointed to the evidence in your SMR's? If the RO never considered this evidence, then I would sent it as "new and material evidence" and file a claim to re-open. Also, it sounds like your VSO is aiming to re-open, right? I'm sorry you are struggling and in pain. ~Wings, sister vet

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have evidence that was before the VARO that they did not consider in any way in your decision when it became final that might be a CUE. If there is evidence in the record that would have made a definite difference in your decision that the VA excluded then that is a CUE. This is a tough fight but possible.

Carlie and John, When I decided to go ahead and try to get the claim re-opened, I went to a VSO Id heard was good. He asked

me to talk to my Civilian Psychologist of 2.5 years and ask for a letter. My therapist is a Vietnam Vet

and familir w/ most thing Military. I took him my SMR's, as well as Dave Mackeys Nexxus letter. Various

other med records, etc. Based on our discussions and what he saw in my records, he wrote a nexus letter.

Ptsd, Major Depression, all scd's.

I took his letter and gave a copy of it to my neurologist , who Ive seen for 3 years. Initaially he dxed

me with fibro in 1995, and lacking med insurance the VA took care of me (lol!) from 1995 to 09 when I

strated seeing my board cert. neuro (who is also a board cert. Neuro-psychiatrist)again, for good this

time.

My Neuro read my request and Militaty narrative, all my med, mental records, and dxed me with the scd of

fibro, right shoulder and cervical neck strain scd's also.Additionally, SEVERE PTSD, and superimposed of

the ptsd, Major depressive disorder.

My OTHER Doctor of 2.5 years for chronic pain managment concurred with my Neuro. Hes Board Cert in

Anesthesiology, and added that for the record I was completley and totally disabled upon leaving the

Military at twenty years old, even tho I worked another 12 years till I got ssd. I had a costly habit of

eating, and renting a roof over my head.He indicated a few other "trauma" issues all tagged scd's by him too.

So Carlie thaat is how they came to their conclusion. Part observationa and part professional opinions

after reading all my SMR's and some outside. My record keeping , part Civilain was almost non-

existant.Didnt think to ask, and all was purged after so long.John Im getting to you, but its bedtime and

Ill have to finish tomorrow. My meds kick in, thats that! Thank you all for your interest, itw warms my

heart It feels very nice! Thanks again. Sincerely, Mystic