Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

When We Need To Write Complaint About Vso, How To

Rate this question

autumn

Question

i just slipped through the cracks again so my VSO tells me. the particular service org has rep'd me 4 times over the past quite a few years. i slipped through the cracks the first time. a few years ago, in another city, same service org blew me off saying i didin't have this disease. though VA SC'd for it, but not cuz he helped, an IME did that. same service org didn't enlighten me that i needed to get all evidence into a c-file on a claim a few years ago, so that got denied. with their first claim years ago, i found/read their lawyer blew me out of the water with their asinine statements about my character that had nothing to do with the spinal claim increase at that time. that got denied

now for this new claim, i'm told me for months they need to contact the station manager at RO, well now, after a year and half, they say they finally found out who he is and contacted him. what!!, they don't know who a station manager is at a RO and takes them that long to contact them -- only after i push the issue. note: i'm in one state, my NSO is in another. that shouldn't matter.

a lot of runaround and bs from my perspective.

1. now is time for me to write their national office and note some type of complaint. seeking ideas on what is proper to write regarding such things. i've read on this forum a few folks that have had to write complaints, maybe i can get some pointers from them. this is to be a letter outlining this and that i'm tired of it.

2. after i write this note, do i still keep this service org or get another one or just do it myself?

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Autumn:

When I fought for my claim I have had a toral of 17 VSO's. Only two were any good and most gave me bad info and actually did nothing to help my claim. I would have a VSO cause its good to have a temporary Service Officer if you have a hearing. Most of my Hearings I have had the VSO was helpful.

If I were you I would carefully decide if complaining to the NAtional will be helpful to you. I definitely would consider changing the Organization that had let me down.

I really believe that you can get the help you need right here at Hadit. I have a claim at this time that I am doing on my own. My last Service Officer and I consider a friend has dropped off the radar. I have a new one in New York and he really is not helping but the fact is I don't need him.

My recomendation is for you to manage your claim and use Hadit. Get a new Service organization. You could write a letter and explain to the NAtional Organization what happened and why you changed representation. But move on and forget those Yahoo's.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Autumn:

When I fought for my claim I have had a toral of 17 VSO's. Only two were any good and most gave me bad info and actually did nothing to help my claim. I would have a VSO cause its good to have a temporary Service Officer if you have a hearing. Most of my Hearings I have had the VSO was helpful.

If I were you I would carefully decide if complaining to the NAtional will be helpful to you. I definitely would consider changing the Organization that had let me down.

I really believe that you can get the help you need right here at Hadit. I have a claim at this time that I am doing on my own. My last Service Officer and I consider a friend has dropped off the radar. I have a new one in New York and he really is not helping but the fact is I don't need him.

My recomendation is for you to manage your claim and use Hadit. Get a new Service organization. You could write a letter and explain to the NAtional Organization what happened and why you changed representation. But move on and forget those Yahoo's.

Good Luck

hey pete,

>>If I were you I would carefully decide if complaining to the NAtional will be helpful to you.

this is why i post here in hadit cuz i need the extra "eyes". good point. i complained about one rep via phone to this org a few years ago. didn't do squat, and acutally may have been neg to me, but don't know for sure. maybe?, that is why i've slipped through the cracks again.

ok, i can see a bit clearer now that i see you had so many reps.

i like your idea of writing explaining in respectful way and then move on. that seems to be the wise thing to do and i can wrap my brain around that.

it was only via hadit and folks on here that i got educated and got things to gether per recommendations here that i got sc'd for ms and found out about secondary issues.

i might as well "go alone + hadit folks". i may switch to american legion in dc? i heard of them helping well via a veteran radio talk show, "unityamericanradio", but that is all i know.

thanks mr pete53, appreciate the perspective

• HadIt.com Elder

I pretty much agree with Pete about VSO's, but if you think you need help hire a lawyer. I won all my claims without VSO's, or lawyers. One VFW rep actually argued that I should get 100% because I had a personality disorder. This was at the BVA level. This happened 25 years ago, but I don't think they are not much better these days. The good ones are swamped.

I pretty much agree with Pete about VSO's, but if you think you need help hire a lawyer. I won all my claims without VSO's, or lawyers. One VFW rep actually argued that I should get 100% because I had a personality disorder. This was at the BVA level. This happened 25 years ago, but I don't think they are not much better these days. The good ones are swamped.

thanks john. i seem to do all the work anyways. vso, to my eyes, writes a letter they rep me and filing for this or that, and then, nothing...i don't see them doing anything. i can write those type letters myself. oh well.

1. i know this is very subjective and depends on the type rep, but is VFW or American Legion better at helping veteran with VA claims?

2. when changing VSO does that hamper claims already in the pipeline?

3. if i take PoA away from current VSO would that hamper claims already in the pipeline?

The only advantage I see to having a VSO involved is that they may be able to access status info on their computer or explain more specifically what a cryptic message from the VA means.

For anyone who feels capable, I recommend handling your own claim based on the advice you get here and using fanaticbooks site:

http://howtoassemblevaclaims.com/

FBooks also has excellent Social Security claim info I used to successfully win on my own.

Good luck! smile.png

The only advantage I see to having a VSO involved is that they may be able to access status info on their computer or explain more specifically what a cryptic message from the VA means.

For anyone who feels capable, I recommend handling your own claim based on the advice you get here and using fanaticbooks site:

http://howtoassemblevaclaims.com/

FBooks also has excellent Social Security claim info I used to successfully win on my own.

Good luck! smile.png

that site sure looks helpful!

>>Any correspondence with the VSO or the VSO with the VA, request a copy for your records.

i see the above on that website, so, the VSO has to provided this? any of his email correspondence with VA, internal SO correspondence regarding my claims, etc?

thanks