Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do?

Rate this question

Fiddler

Question

How can I find out what info the VA has collected on my claim? I filed my initial claim in Aug 2011 and had a C&P in Sep 2011 for PTSD and Social Anxiety Disorder. With my initial claim application I sent a copy of my DD-214, copies of my VA psychiatrist notes from all of the years I had seen a VA shrink and the form authorizing them to get all other info they might need. But every couple of months I get a update letter from them telling me what they have done and need me to do and they always ask for the same thing. Like proof that I was active duty for 90 days (covered in the DD-214 I sent them) and medical records for what I am claiming (covered in the VA Medical records I sent them). So my question is, how can I find out what info the VA has actually collected on my claim without having to send them the same stuff over and over again?

And in the letter I received today, at the top where is says "We are working on your claims for:", they actually added a claim.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The letter you keep getting is a basic form letter. They will keep sending it until the claim is adjudicated. There really is not great solution to this but .... You can do one or two things about the letters.

1. Ignore them since you have already provided the information they keep requesting. or

2. Do like I do, write them a letter and outline all the information you have already provided and tell them that there is no more evidence to submit, and request that your claim be adjudicated asap.....

If you want to know what information they actually have you can write a letter and request a copy of your C/P file (claims and Pension file). But it could take a long time to get a copy.. and might even slow down your claim.

For future reference, if your not already doing so use certified return receipt when you mail things. Certified mail might give you a little peace of mind, but even then .. there have been times were the va may say they didn't get something and you may have to resend the information anyway...

• HadIt.com Elder

If they keep adding conditions this could be good for you in the end. Trying to rush the VA usually does not work. Your claim is not even a year old. I think I would try and relax and give it some time. Even in the old days it took 18 months to two years to get a rating.