Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Qtc Protocal - Any Input

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I was told at my cnp exam that there was a new protocal for qtc exams for an increase. They said the mental health doctor cannot get your medical records and have to rate you based on you that day. Anyone know anything about this. He also said that they now have a checklist they have to fill out instead of the full write up they use to too... please give me anyfeed back you guys may have on this and if you think this is better or worse than before.

I am pending an increase for ptsd/mdd thnx

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That sounds like a typical VA practice. Evidently the VA wants to disassociate past service and behavior from current conditions.

The VA has a history of similar behavior with C&P exams. I know that the last C&P exam I had (at the same VAMC that has my treatment records)

did not have a copy of my medical records. The examiner checked a few significant outside VA medical records that I hand carried to the exam, looked to see if they were consistent with whatever the VA computer showed, and mentioned the records in the exam writeup.

I don't know what records/information the examiners computer showed, since I could not read the screen display.

Since this is a claim for increase the current status should be the focus, but since all things are relative in psychology/psychiatry the whole record should have been present and reviewed.

Sounds like more quality government contract work!

We don't have time to do it right, but we have time to do it over, and over and over.

Best regards,