Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Over 55

Rate this question

cooter

Question

VA claims vets 55 and over, their SC injuries/diseases are considered as permanent, with no future exams. My question is; If that is truly so, why aren't they considered P&T?

Coot

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

VA claims vets 55 and over, their SC injuries/diseases are considered as permanent, with no future exams. My question is; If that is truly so, why aren't they considered P&T?

Coot

I don't know but I am not sure that is true....

• HadIt.com Elder

They are and they should be. One need only apply for P&T.

pr

Coot

Really? I didn't realize this. So the bottom line is, if your 55+ and granted 100% schedular or TDIU, then you automatic qualify, as long as you ask for it.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

I do know that if you are 55 and over and have been TDIU or 100% for five years and your disabilites are considered static you are not supposed to get any more exams for those disabilites. The VA considers you as being P&T. It is sort of an added protection for your rating. The only perfect one is 20 years at a rating as 100%, for instance. This is the great thing about winning a CUE. The date you win your CUE becomes your new effective date.

John

Really? I didn't realize this. So the bottom line is, if your 55+ and granted 100% schedular or TDIU, then you automatic qualify, as long as you ask for it.

Coot

I don't know seems like to different subjects..... even if there are no reexams scheduled the va could still say that there is a possibility of inprovement.. and consider this.. ask for P/T and guess what another C/P exam