Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If I Go Off Of Anxiety Medication Do I Have To Report This To The Va To Adjust My Disability Rating?

Rate this question

labonte1000

Question

Hi,

Right now I'm 30% for generalized anxiety disorder. My question is...I plan on trying to get off my medication soon, I slowly keep getting it reduced. If I go off my anxiety medication but still see the Therapist will I have to report this to the va so they don't overpay me. This should effect my rating right? I will still be going to the therapist just won't be on meds, so will I go from 30% to 10% for not being on meds anymore. I've been 30% since 2006 and on meds. Please let me know little confused how this works, thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You shouldn't be. If you were an amputee and didn't use your prosthesis, should you be reduced??? You're still an amputee. I'm 100% for PTSD and have only taken meds 3 times, for about 3 months, each time. Whether you take meds, or not, should have no bearing.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think they will reduce you, but you will have a harder time getting an increase in the future. Why not just keep getting the drugs and take them only when you might need them? To be practical the VA has an idea about mental health issues that if you don't take meds you must be stable or getting better. This is if you want to use the VA in the future to bump up your rating.