VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Letter Sent

Rate this question

lcpmom

Question

Received standard VCAA letter in July 2011 and submited additional evidence back with VCAA reply in the same month.

From September 2011 until 22 April 2012, Ebenefits show the claim status as GATHERING EVIDENCE" and the standard DEVELOPMENT LETTER SENT statement.

On 23 April 2012 Ebenefits status shows; CLAIM CLOSED; COMPLETED; APEAL POSSIBLE; with the DEVELOPEMENT LETTER SENT statement still there.

Ebenefits never showed REVIEW OF EVIDENCE; PREPARATION FOR DECISION; PENDING DECISION APPROVAL; or PREPARATION FOR NOTIFICATION statuses.

THe claim status just jumped from GATHERING EVIDENCE to CLOSED and COMPLETE???!!!!

QUESTION 1: Does anyone have a possible time line as to how long it will take before Ebenefits status shows DECISION NOTIFICATION SENT? If so, please give me an idea.

QUESTION 2: Has anyone ever had a claim status jump from GATHERING EVIDENCE directly to CLOSED and COMPLETED?

Any feedback no matter how short would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Sounds like no one is updating ebennies. Here in Florida. St. Pete does not update very often. Mine has not moved since I submitted it 6 Jun 2011. Still gathering evidence and DUST at St. Pete.

Once claim reach notification phase,you should be getting a letter from VA in a few days,they just making sure everything is correct,don't no when it will show up on ebenefits ,but keep checking

I was told by a VSO rep that with eBenefits take it with a grain of salt because the information is input manually so we are still counting on someone to do data entry rather than work on our files - so to be honest - you can check from time to time maybe once a month but that's about it. I've been waiting since 02/2011 and still no movement but word has it that a decision has been made and a letter is in the mail per the 800 number, and eBenefits still so review of evidence. So my case might fit in your #2 question :) The timeline also depends on the RO and case load. With that said i believe it's 60-90 days per stage.

Medic

I am afraid to contact the 800 number. One operator put a statement in the sytem that got one of my claims totally off track. It took a year to starighten it out.

On the good side the 800 rep was at least making an attempt to help.

Thanks for sharing your experience. every bit of information recived from this forum gives me some idea of the possible situation with my claim.

Good luck with the progress of your claim!