VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally I Won

Rate this topic

John46

Just went to the mailbox and there it was the most beautiful white envelope that I had ever seen. I tore it open like a kid at Christmas. I saw the words permanent 100% schedular and moot for unemployability. It also contained forms concerning education etc. for dependants. Can't wait to call the number Monday for ChampVa. Thanks to all of you who unknowingly have helped me on this journey.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Just went to the mailbox and there it was the most beautiful white envelope that I had ever seen. I tore it open like a kid at Christmas. I saw the words permanent 100% schedular and moot for unemployability. It also contained forms concerning education etc. for dependents. Can't wait to call the number Monday for ChampVa. Thanks to all of you who unknowingly have helped me on this journey.

It seems that this (without reading the exact wording in the letter) is in fact, P&T. The accompanying paperwork should include instructions, etc. to obtain ChampVA for your dependents, life insurance, and educational benefits, as well as how to obtain a "Uniformed Services" ID card for yourself, spouse, and of appropriate, dependents. There are some really convoluted details relating to ChampVA, age, and Medicare. E Benefits will (when up to date) allow you to download VA letters that you can take to various state/county offices to obtain free or reduced fee license plates, property tax reductions, free fishing and hunting licenses, etc. In Georgia, many of the county tax and vehicle offices also insist on a letter from the state veterans dept representative.

Following is a word for word: "We assigned a permanent 100% combined or overall disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective 11-01-11.

Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is granted from 11-01-11, the date entitlement arose"

The award letter went on to give info about how to contact ChampVa and all the other stuff you mentioned.

"The issue IU is moot as you are currently 100% schedular."

Thanks,

John46

• HadIt.com Elder

Following is a word for word: "We assigned a permanent 100% combined or overall disability evaluation for your service connected disabilities effective 11-01-11.

Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance is granted from 11-01-11, the date entitlement arose"

The award letter went on to give info about how to contact ChampVa and all the other stuff you mentioned.

"The issue IU is moot as you are currently 100% schedular."

Thanks,

John46

Congratulations, John46.

Bob

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use