Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vamc Travel Pay Is Going Direct Deposit

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I go to the VAMC a lot but today was the first day I was told that travel pay will have to be direct deposited. They already charge veterans a service charge so I bet the service charge will increase once the travel pay has to be sent direct deposited. I was told that travel pay will be deposited within 48 hours of a veterans’ scheduled appointment. This will be another mess.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Pete,

I'm glad to see them taking this step, but still frustrated about the changes they made to the system.

Did they do everything automatically or require you to take a signed copy of the travel voucher from your clinic and put it in a box at the cashier's office (most likely at the other side of the building)?

OK riddle me this Batman?

Why direct deposit, why not an ATM style machine that we swipe our card at, and it checks that the clinic confirmed you attended your appointment, and it spits out nice crisp American dollars??

I look deeply into my crystal ball and see the future, when they screw up your travel pay, your inquiry into why it wasn't paid or why it was wrong, will show up in eBenefits as a claim and they will then tell you they expect to have your "claim" resolved in the next 12-18 months. This influx of new claims will be used as the excuse that they can't meet the 159 day processing time they promised for the future.

Am I right or wrong????

Edited by 71M10

• HadIt.com Elder

OK riddle me this Batman?

Why direct deposit, why not an ATM style machine that we swipe are card at, and it checks that the clinic confirmed you attened your appointment, and it spits out nice crisp American dollars??

I look deeply into my crystal ball and see the future, when they screw up your travel pay, your inquiry into why it wasn't paid or why it was wrong, will show up in eBenefits as a claim and they will then tell you they expect to have your "claim" resolved in the next 12-18 months. This influx of new claims will be used as the excuse that they can't meet the 159 day processing time they promised for the future.

Am I right or wrong????

Personally I think you are right..............I also think that this is a stupid move on the VA.

How many Vets need that travel money on that very day.......I would think many, with all things being as they are, money is already tight for most, and for the VA to now make it DD is BS, it will only serve to hurt those that need it the most.