Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Changes - "what Did We Not Receive?"

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

This morning I noticed that the upgrades the VA performed on ePeggy this weekend added a "What Did We Not Receive?" section on my compensation claim status screen. I'm glad that they added this, but wish they were clear as to exactly what requested information was not received. For instance, one line says, "Medical evidence from private provider", but I have no idea what piece of paper, examination, lab result, doctor, date or anything that they are talking about.

Anybody else notice this new screen? Or has it been there all along, and I just never received it before? Have a great morning everyone.

Mark

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There's also a new historical claim that says "Special Correspondence" but when I click on it, it shows all of the stuff in "What we have received", Claim received: 08/21/2012, Claim Type: Special Correspondence, Claim Closed: 08/21/2012...and in the "Claims Status Process" it says "Complete" and in Next Steps it says "Your claim is complete. A letter will be sent to you via the US Mail formally documenting the completion of your claim. Please allow standard delivery time prior to contacting the VA call center."

Again, anyone know what gives?

There's also a new historical claim that says "Special Correspondence" but when I click on it, it shows all of the stuff in "What we have received", Claim received: 08/21/2012, Claim Type: Special Correspondence, Claim Closed: 08/21/2012...and in the "Claims Status Process" it says "Complete" and in Next Steps it says "Your claim is complete. A letter will be sent to you via the US Mail formally documenting the completion of your claim. Please allow standard delivery time prior to contacting the VA call center."

Again, anyone know what gives?

I haven't seen the "special correspondence" in ebennies; maybe it has something to do with correspondence received from congress rep/senators, state rep, etc; just a speculation on my part only...

Looked at ebennies this afternoon and this whole section has disappeared from th claim. Pretty mysterious

Amazing! I just logged on a minute or so ago, and you're right. That whole section is gone, along with that initial screen information about a development letter being sent. Glad I printed out a copy and saved a PDF of that screen just in case.

I think a "What We Did Not Receive" section would be great, but it should be accurate, and should be precise. In other words, maybe something like Form 21-4142 for medical evidence from Dr. Xyz sent. Medical evidence not received yet. This way, we can narrow down what we have to send "again".

I don't know what that blast of information they placed on the eBenefits website was, but it put me into shock as well. Everything looks completely back to like it what was on Friday before the great upgrade experience began.

Mark

Amazing! I just logged on a minute or so ago, and you're right. That whole section is gone, along with that initial screen information about a development letter being sent. Glad I printed out a copy and saved a PDF of that screen just in case.

I think a "What We Did Not Receive" section would be great, but it should be accurate, and should be precise. In other words, maybe something like Form 21-4142 for medical evidence from Dr. Xyz sent. Medical evidence not received yet. This way, we can narrow down what we have to send "again".

I don't know what that blast of information they placed on the eBenefits website was, but it put me into shock as well. Everything looks completely back to like it what was on Friday before the great upgrade experience began.

Mark

Exam appointments calendar is still completely down for me though. Can't access it at all. At least my heartrate has decreased a little now though.

I have a feeling they were getting bombarded with 1-800 calls and IRIS's in reference to their so called upgrades which led them to take it down. As you said MarkInTexas....I think if they fix the misinformation in the upgrade as the idea of the addition was good, so is the idea of ebenefits....but they really need to fix the problems before placing it on the internet. The undue stress and frustration stuff like that causes to veterans is just wrong.

Edited by USMC5811