Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Be Warned.... Claims Processing Are Taking Longer Than Ever

Rate this question

iraqx2

Question

I'd recently went to my local VARO to see my VFW service rep to ask about my status ( I know what my results are but just waiting for them to type it up ). My VSO said that the regional office is " really really " backed up in processing claims. They have never mentioned anything like that before in the years that I have been dealing with them.

So now it does make sense. With the floodgates of Vietnam vets filing new claims for agent orange and all those Iraq war vets filing new claims and ALL at the same time, you can feel the VA system bulging worse than ever. Dealing with them for so long, you become accustomed to the usual wait, but this time its different.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The plan is to cut 1 trillion from Defense Budget.

Now we all know how much 1 trillion is. Its 1000 billion.

This will just about do us in.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

My VAMC has just stopped providing and medication or other materials that can be purchased without a doctor's prescription. It makes no difference if the condition for which this items is needed is SC or not. CHAMPVA (for my wife) is doing this also. Our Walgreen's bill for all of the items which the VAMC once provided but no longer will was $104.73. When I inquired about this change in policy at the Pharmacy where these things are dispensed, I was told that someone would call me. I got a call on my cellphone about 5 minutes later (still inside the hospital) during which an unidentified woman listed the items that we would no longer receive. I tried to ask why but was treated with "Thank you for your service" and then the line went dead. Thank you for your service--my butt!

They have also instituted a policy where you will receive only one "telephone appointment" with your PCP and one "face to face" appointment annually. If you require any addition assistance you are condemned to triage in the Emergency Room. Once again, Thank you for your service suckers.

So, I agree that the cuts in benefits will come piece by piece rather than all in one fell swoop. It's going to much worse!

John999,

I agree with your comments Sir, nothing is to good for our veterans, at least that's what the politicians say in public. However, I think most of us know or have an opinion on what happens behind closed doors. ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS!!

And, I believe the worst is yet to come!

• HadIt.com Elder

Looks like VA does things differently at each location. My nurse ordered low dose aspirin for me Friday. I told her I thought I was supposed to get it and she said VA now provides over the counter meds if Doc signs off on it. This would be Dallas VAMC.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

all I can say is remember the dead beat Politian when election come around in your area. The only way to beat them is to vote them out with someone who is maybe a vet or at least very concerned about us.