Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

My Healthevet Site Blue Button

Rate this question

warren

Question

EVERYONE MIGHT ALREADY KNOW THIS, I DIDN'T DISCOVER IT UNTIL TODAY. I NOTICED IT SAID YOU COULD GET VA NOTES AND OTHER ITEMS FROM THE BLUE BUTTON AT MY HEALTHEVET SITE. SO I TOOK A LOOK AND I FOUND MY VA NEUROLOGISTS NOTES ON ALL OF MY APPOINTMENTS AND SOMETHING TO HELP ON MY APPEAL. IN FACT, IT MIGHT SWAY THE APPEAL IN MY FAVOR. TO SEE THIS YOU HAVE TO BE A VA PATIENT AT CLINIC OR HOSPITAL AND HAVE A PREMIUM ACCOUNT ON MY HEALTHEVET SITE. TO GET TO THIS INFORMATION, SELECT TYPES OF INFORMATION: VA AND DOD INFO ONLY, THEN SUBMIT AND PRINT OR JUST VIEW INFO ON SCREEN.

GOD BLESS

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe it s time for me to check it out again, since Capt. Contaminate is getting stuff now.... maybe I can too...

I just checked.... no blue button on my ebenefits page yet

Edited by Teac

Hello Teac,,,,,

I tried some experiments last night and was able to pull up discharges and summaries checkpoint back to when I was in Audie Murphy Hospital in June. I also tried to get some other things in the check boxes but at present it will not let me get much except from Jan of this year.

I was able to get the diagnosis check box back to 2007 and the Doctor who diagnosed. I think this thing just moves along from state to state and VARO to VARO and they do what they want in putting information into the MyHealthyVet.

I will say that I am getting alot of test and doctors evaluations now so that looks like its showing up in anything from Jan.

This still may pose a problem because what is a Veteran to do if his records do not go back to his Effective date and if the VA starts to "disseminate" or "shred" his or hers documents. I see BIG problems coming and lots of IG and Congressional Hearings that will address more abuse by the VA and their BACKLOG and the lack of Veterans Records for their claims.

I am printing stuff now from the BLUE BUTTON before they start screwing everything up . I would recommend that other Veterans start printing what they can.

OH yes ,,,, I am now at the Valley South Texas Health Care and not at Audie Murphy like years ago. And that will make a difference I am sure.

Thanks for your help with our Vets , Teac ,,,, you are trying to work against GOLIATH and have been successful . NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

CAPT. I GOT ON THE BLUE BUTTON AGAIN ALSO LAST NIGHT TO SEE HOW FAR I COULD GO BACK. IT TOOK ME BACK TO THE YEAR I TOOK THE AGENT ORANGE EXAMINATION IN 2001. IT DOES NOT SHOW THAT THE VA DID ANY MEDICAL TEST AT ALL ON THE CLAIM I'M APPEALING FOR RETROACTIVE PAY TO 2002. THIS MIGHT BE MORE EVIDENCE IN MY APPEAL. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

GOD BLESS

• HadIt.com Elder

My original effective date is December 4, 1971. I have not tried to go back that far, but I do have VA records of hospitalization in 1972 in my C-File, but not all my records. I had a bunch of psychological tests (including ink blot tests)that disappeared from the record. I freaked out the psychologists because I kept saying the blots looked like bloody guts to me.

John

Hello Warren,,,, I believe this whole myhealthyvet thing is going to be a fiasco. It just shows the difference in reporting things on it like your records and my records and John and Teacs for instance are all different for years or subject matter. Someone has to put these reports in the system and the system is only as good as those in control of it. There is absolutely NO CONTINUITY of this program and it has nowhere to go but more PROBLEMS. There is really noway around it.

I am not really looking at this as to being an answer to any of the Veterans problems ,,,,,,,, inspite of Undersec Allison Hickeys great admiration of it. Remember she is a BIG part of the problems VA has. Reviewing her comments , statements and especially her live performances UNDER OATH at House Veterans Affairs Committees, which really showed her lack of concern for any problems with the VA , the backlog or our Veteran Communitiy as a whole. She is so insulated and is a major problem for anything to be done with the REAL ISSUES within the entire VA claims process. Not to mention her "wonderful" self gratifying answers to the members questions and especially the BONUS system questions for her and VBA. Mr Filner was the only one there that actually got as mad as I was watching. At least we have one advocate in Congress. There will be nothing done anytime soon with more beauracracy and the handful of upper management who carefully plot ways to lengthen the Veterans Process and to protect their bonuses. Same oh,,, Same Oh ,,,for the last 15-20 years.

NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate