Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rated 100%, Effective 1 Dec 2012

Rate this topic

Rover

Good job !! Im shure u went thru allot to get it- Enjoy !!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I have not gotten Social Security.

Currently, i'm still working a federal service job. Based on 100%; "are you recommending that i apply for SS?" Can i apply if i'm currently working?

There are big differences between the VA and SSA. The VA's rules for 100% "scheduler" allow you to continue working, although there were some "funny" legalities involved when you were a federal worker. The SSA SSDI is based upon the inability to secure and hold a job paying more than a pittance, due to injury or disease (Medical conditions).

The VA's TDIU is closer to the SSA's SSDI that 100% scheduler.

Way back when, military medical retirement, VA compensation, etc. was based in part upon a principal that the requirements of military service were more stringent than civilian employment. Naturally, things changed over time to what we have (or don't) today.

This weekend; I am feeling like a real Champion since i opened eBenefits Friday afternoon biggrin.png.

I couldn't believe my eyes because my final C&P exams were completed early Feb 2013.

This is my initial claim that i submitted Dec 2010.

Another blessing you totally deserve it !!! Congrats on your win and thank you for sharing your story with us. Thank you for your service. You are a Champion !!!! Keep up the good work !!!! God bless.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use