100% Ptsd/mst In Jan 2013 But No Social Security

Rate this topic

Destia22

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Little off topic but

Destia22 made a comment that her PTSD goes back 20 years. Mine goes back 27. Do they provide back pay based when the incident date occurred or when the claim is filed. Thanks for anyone s answer to this.

The date the claim is submitted.

Hi Destia,

Have you looked on the ssa.gov website to see if you qualify for SSI? I'm going through this process for my stepdaughter who is age 25, is autistic, and never worked during her lifetime. Started by filing a claim for SSDI online. It was denied in less than a week with a copy of her lifetime earnings. This was to be expected since she had zero earnings. But I didn't let that stop us in our tracks. Kept researching their website and asking others here at hadit and to make a long story short (I'm trying)...We filed an SSI application and found out that if it's approved, she will be able to receive benefits on MY SSDI award, based on MY lifetime earnings! Yeah...pretty good news so don't give up looking at your options...check into it and read up.

P.S.- I have been amazed how fast & smooth this process is going so far. My stepdaughter has a SS doctor's appointment on Jan 10th paid for in full by SS. It is similar to a C&P exam and used by the SS disability examiner. Then, hopefully she'll get approved within 30 days or so.

Crossing my fingers & toes you BOTH will soon celebrate a victory! Good luck to you...

LC

• HadIt.com Elder

Many are denied SSD because they use current date when they file and they don't use date of disability. I think Carlie is on right track to appeal and ask to use date VA found you disabled.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use