VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Retro Checks Keep Coming!

Rate this topic

Big congrats to you - finally you can exhale.

100% - Tricuspid regurgitation (claimed as cardiovascular disease, cardiomyopathy, and RVF), 60% - Pulmonary Vascular Disease
40% - Chronic venous stasis edema, right lower extremity, 40% - Chronic venous stasis edema, left lower extremity, 30% - Depressive Disorder

0% - scar, right leg ulceration, 0% - scar, left leg ulceration, 0% - scar secondary to pulmonary embolization, status post inferior cava filter implantation

0% - SMC (K-1) loss of use of a creative organ, SMC (S-1) - Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i)

Great news!

"The retro check I will receive is for my daughter who is now a sophomore in college...all of Tuituions and monthly stipend of lil over $1,000 will be paid ALL back!!!!"

I am assuming the award gave her retro Chapter 35!

I don't understand the "stipend" part.

If so , Chap 35 retro , that is great. VA paid about 6 thousand towards my degree until my initial EED ran out---then due to another claim I filed they owed me 6 thousand more I had paid on my own, because I got a better limiting date as EED for Chap 35.

A little different situation than your and your daughters, but Chapter 35 VA Educational benefits ,as well as CHAMPVA ,is almost always retro to dependents under a 100% P & T award,with the same EED the veteran has been given for the 100% P & T.

Great News!.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• 1 month later...

Congrats and thank you for your service!!!!!

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

• Founder

Wonderful news.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use