VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

End All Backlog By 2015?

Rate this question

bojack

Question

I heard President Obama and VA Secretary told press their goal is to end all backlog by 2015. Is this true?

Is that a good thing or bad thing for us because won't they just rush the process (rushing menas less accurate I am guessing).

Thankse everyone.

I am still waiting for my decision (been fighting since 02/06/2014).

The President and Secretary make good political soundbites, but I agree with your wait-and-see stance. I've been tracking statistics for the last few years, in part to give me something to do while waiting for my claims to complete. Nationally, the trend for claims older than 125 days has the "backlog" complete in approx 59 weeks from last week based on last week's data, which would have the so-called backlog gone in mid-2015. However, if you look at your local RO, that may be much different. To keep the backlog down, it will require a lot of claim shifting from one RO to another to find the capacity to keep the stacks of claims low.

IMHO, I don't think they'll ever get to this point. I think they'll get closer. They might get very close. It's beyond my thinking and experience to see EVERY claim complete within 125 days. It takes way too long for them to collect records. However, if they can get the number of claims down to a very small number, that could mean a need for us claimants to be either very fast in our responses or be absolutely, positively sure that everything needed to decide a claim is submitted up front.

Meanwhile, what you're guessing about accuracy is THE unresolved problem. Again, just my honest opinion, but we can probably expect a pretty large backlash from the veterans community and Congress about the size of the appeals workload in coming months to a year. It's like a kid taking all his toys and stashing them under the bed and in his closet. Sure, his floor is empty but mom better not open that closet door without a hard hat!

• HadIt.com Elder

I heard President Obama and VA Secretary told press their goal is to end all backlog by 2015. Is this true?

Is that a good thing or bad thing for us because won't they just rush the process (rushing menas less accurate I am guessing).

Thankse everyone.

I am still waiting for my decision (been fighting since 02/06/2014).

This has nothing to do with politics, 'bojack'.

For decades the VA has been gaming the system.

Since it's inception, VA executive employees have been gaming Congress, the President and the Secretary of Veterans Affairs. It's just a matter of time before those nefarious career VA employees will be found out.

Many should be wearing orange jumpsuits.

Cmdr. Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed my first claim in 1991 and I have been hearing the end of back log since I first filed. It is still bad but has gotten a little better.