VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Taharrington - New Member With Questions

Rate this question

taharrington

Question

My name is SFC Ret Thomas Harrington, I have read up extensively about title 38 and why I was denied I/U, but need someone's input that may have had the same experience, I filed an appeal, and I have my doctors letters that she wrote that I should be not working, it was for not only my protection, but for the benefit of the people I serve. I work in customer service and it is hard every day dealing with these people who automatically have attitudes at federal workers.

If I give my notice and contact the VA rep I was given, can it help my I/U claim in getting approved, or am I just doing a crap shoot that it will get me approved. I am only working because it pays my bills, and the money I would get from I/U would compensate me enough that I could stop working and start working on me and getting better.

Any one who has had the experience please help.

Mikemmlj,

Yes I have a email from her as well as I have 2 VA 21-4192 that show that they could not make concessions to my disability and shows the time I had to take off due to my disability. I spoke to the SSN Office as well and the local rep there felt that it would help me because they would not focus on my work, but my disability. I have the letters as well from my doctor who strongly suggested that I not be in this line of work, but I do not have any other formal training in any other field that would keep me from dealing with people at some time or another.

Sorry for putting in a new post I was trying to respond in on the subject of TDIU

Mike,

Another thing that really killed me was my NOD and my SSOC both regurgitated the same garbage about because they see I'm still married, I have a effective marriage. WOW so a person who is in a marriage with someone who abuses them is in an effective marriage???? They also didn't read half of my doctors notes in her letters, because they claimed that my issues fell under the 50% rating more than the higher ones, but yet my doctor told them my symptoms are moderate to Severe.

Got to love the VA

If anyone needs the VA under secretary's email address, I have it, it has helped me in cases where I can show that the VA is lagging, but I cannot contact her again until I get my back pay that the VA owes me, because when I send in the email, I have seen already heads roll and the one who is working my retro pay would be in the cross hairs.