VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success With Allison! 5-Hrs 45-Min!

Rate this topic

OEF 21B

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats!

I had a friend once who worked for a major retailer. He was a mid level boss. Once customer seemed to think that he could wear a pair of shoes out, bring em back and say they wore out too soon and get another pair free..repeatedly.

So, he put a stop to that, and told the customer not to ask for any more refunds on shoes that they would be denied in this store.

The customer wrote to the big head honchos, cited the company policy that they could return the products for any reason within 12 months, and that the store should honor said policy.

The VP's contacted this manager and were not happy customers were writing to VP's and they did not want to hear more customer complaints. This person gets new shoes every 6 to 12 months.

I just wonder if VA should not be more like this company. YES, it cost the company money...but they expect that some people will want refunds, and not all of these have valid reasons. It does not matter. What did matter if the store manager wanted to keep his job, he had better keep the customer happy and not writing the VP nasty letters.

This is the way most companies work. Big bosses dont want to have to deal with complaints..this is why they have a "refund" department. Simply follow the policy to the letter, and, if it says 12 month return with receipt, then honor it. VA needs some quality control in place..if we Vets can/do complain about the service then this should be fixed. Of course, you can not please every one all the time, so a single complaint is to be expected from time to time. But, what about when 18 Vets all say the rater low balled them, or "top sheeted" them? With VA, our complaints go unheard. This is wrong.

Not to hi-jack this post but most "really great companies" do honor this type of service. Recently there was an error at Bobby Flay Steak restaurant, where they charged customers $3750 for a bottle of wine, when what the customers heard the waitperson state, when asked about the price, was thirty-seven fifty ($37.50). They probably cost his brand more damage than honoring the price, would have cost. Shame on Bobby Flay!!!!

I once had a watch gifted to me that was purchased at Sears (not an honorable company) - it had a one yr warrantee. It died within 6 months and they replaced the watch and that one died within 7 months. They said the warranty of one yr had ended, even tho it was a different watch.

Looks like that manager had that "security officer/short person syndrome" and needed to show his power, which was not his call to make.

It would be so great if the VA would honor what most believe they are there to provide but alas that won't happen. Maybe under the new leadership of "Bob" McDonald and his new crew, they'll up their game. jmo

OEF 21B - Congrats!!!!!!!!

pr

Not to hi-jack this post but most "really great companies" do honor this type of service. Recently there was an error at Bobby Flay Steak restaurant, where they charged customers $3750 for a bottle of wine, when what the customers heard the waitperson state, when asked about the price, was thirty-seven fifty ($37.50). They probably cost his brand more damage than honoring the price, would have cost. Shame on Bobby Flay!!!!

I think saying "Shame on Bobby Flay!!!" is disingenuous. Bobby Flay had nothing to do with the "incident." The customer neglected to bring their glasses, couldn't read the menu, and asked for a recommendation on a bottle of wine. When you're ordering filets and $135 Seafood Tower plates I can see where the confusion might lie with the server. I can also understand the confusion about the price being quoted as "thirty seven, fifty" but you're at Bobby Flay's, not Applebee's, and they should've used a little common sense.

The restaurant lowered the price to $2200 in the end. Anyhow, sorry for the thread drift.

16227544-large.jpg

Congrats. This shows what can be done when they just do their job.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use