Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t For Depression And Ptsd

Rate this question

bionoce

Question

Is it possible to put in for P&T for PTSD and major depressive disorder if under 55? I understand the VA views PTSD as likely to improve but does anyone under 55 have P&T status? My medical records show a worsening since diagnosis with treatment.

Do you know if your C-File has any Diary Dates for Future C&P Exams? If you use a VSO, get with a VSO-Rep at your VARO. They have greater access to your Claims File than Reps at the Hospitals or out in the field.

As for filing for T&P, I have to defer to PR, never any personal experience with it. I was Awarded IU T&P at DRO Hearing from a previous 21/2 yr 90% SC and I'm well north of 55. With that said, T&P is worth the effort so file for it. As long as your VA Med records don't hold any surprises you aren't aware of!! I've recently (Twice in the past 8 mos) had VA PC Nurse put in my file that they discussed symptoms of PTSD that never took place. It's just a check off list and I think they do it without giving any consideration to their improper actions. I Secure MSG'd my VA Pri Care DR both times and was assured it would be corrected, never has. The last time was Oct, Got a response from my Secure MSG that I needed to contact special VAH Dept to obtain form for filing official request to correct my VA Medical file. If a VA Rater were to view my Med file and make a decision as to my 70% PTSD based on these 2 intake notes, he'd have to believe that "I Am Cured," of PTSD. Sooooo, do your "Due Diligence," and file away. Good Luck

Semper Fi

Gastone

Went back and checked youur earlier posts, interesting. Recent discharge and awarded 70% & IU 12/14, right. If PTSD is the only thing making you IU, P&T will be tough. You try telling Psychiatrist that they can't help in the treatment (Not Cure) of your PTSD symptoms, especially if your young and what ever "Stressors" are of recent nature, good luck with that. Think "Job Security" and validation of the excellent Medical Care they believe your receiving. With PTSD, especially early onset symptoms, in general there is an off chance of future improvement of debilitating symptoms. Good Luck.

Have you applied for SSDI Yet, should be a lock with the VA award.

Your IMO, what were your Dr's credentials and how recent was it?

Semper Fi

Gastone

Bionoce: This is my "Hat Trick" post regarding your IU situation, sorry for multiple postings. While showering, 1 of your previous posts came to mind regarding Your E Benny showing your PTSD award and a "Scheduled C&P for 2019." That 2019 C&P Exam probably, unless I'm way off, precedes your 5 yr anniversary date of your recent PTSD IU Award which is considered Temporary until a T & P status is awarded. Have you received a Supplemental Statement of case, Post Decision, addressing your IMO? If not, was your IMO addressed in your Official Award letter as evidence reviewed? Was there any mention of evidence required to get to a P&T status with your IU Award?

Me thinks your about to climb on the VA Appeals Train, next scheduled stop. 21/2+ years down the track depending on your choice of Trains (DRO Hearing or BVA.) Of course any Post decision New & Material Evidence should Trigger a VARO Review of your Award/Denial. Might or Might not change your Award. At the very least, you should receive a 2nd look at your award decision by a Sr Rater or an actual DRO. This should take place much sooner than an official DRO Hearing or BVA Board Review. If the VARO Review results in a continuing of the award with no change, you'll receive a SSOC discussing why there was no change in the Award/Denial. As to T&P being addressed, we'll have to wait to hear from you. Good Luck

Semper Fi

Gastone

Semper Fi

Gastone