VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Allison Hickey

Rate this topic

CKHodges

On Dec 29 at 0949(L) I sent Mrs. Hickey a very short email asking about the status of my three year old claim. Please note I had emailed her twice before having tried/failed with numerous phone calls to the 1-800 number as well as several IRIS status requests.

On Dec 29 at 1401(L) I received a response from Mrs. Hickey stating she would look into my claim. Additionally she cc'd several additional VA folks whom she instructed to take a look at my claim and expedite the process.

Suffice to say I am pleasantly surprised in the response and her willingness to assist. I find it amazing that the Under Secretary for Benefits can find the time to send a 30 second email when none of her staff that are directly supporting us vets can do the same. In just over four hours, she gave me more than the canned "your claim is in the (BLANK) phase and on average it takes your Regional Office 630 days to complete." She has given me the slightest glimmer of hope in a system that is drowning in bureaucracy. I certainly don't want to jinx myself or get my hopes too high, but I do want to give credit where it is due...and Allison certainly deserves some credit for simply taking the time to reply to me.

As my claim moves along in the system I hope to keep everyone abreast of the results. Fingers crossed at this point.

Chris

good luck, but the only reason she likely replied is because she knew you would email Mc Donald next. Shit rolls down hill, the boss is an A HOLE, and payday is on fridays.

It's been a couple days since my email response from Allison. I know several other folks have commented about their immediate response from a regional office representative, but I haven't had that luck yet. I can only assume that most government employees are off this week due to the holidays. Still keeping my fingers crossed that with 2015 comes a speedy resolution to my claim. Hope all have a wonderful and safe New Years!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use