Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Is A Saint! Wow!

Rate this topic

silverdollar22

• 2 weeks later...

I defend them sometimes myself :ohmy: its always great to hear some positive news especially when its relating to a veteran receiving the help he so well deserves. It all starts at the top; but sadly there's so many who wouldn't think a second about putting us all on backlog.

KC

She helped me too. I sent her an email on my appeal status and I got a call the next day and I've moved two steps on eBenefits. I can't beleive it! I Just pray I won't get denied! It's been 3 years n appeal and finally with the BVA, VSO and VLJ. Don't ask me what that means but my hope meter is rising to the top!!! Keep going - never give up!

Im actually considering, strongly, an email to Robert McDonald or Ms Hickey, even tho it goes against what I have learned.

You see, a letter to either of these is actually a complaint about the people who handle your claim.

Imagine, for a moment.

You go to a Burger Joint and the burger is old, dry, the bun is overcooked in the microwave and the French fries are greasy and cold. So, you complain to the manager.

A disgruntled worker gets a management complaint. Ok, Im supposed to "fix" this guys burger who got his boss after me. I will "fix" it all right. I will stick this burger I dropped on the floor and then pick my nose and put it in the mayo...that will teach him to complain at me.

I could easily see this happen at VA. I have a friend who has a restaurant and he related this story to me.

Someone comes in, and orders eggs at 2:00 in the afternoon. The cook, who had to get up at 4 AM is not happy with someone sleeping until noon and then getting breakfast. So, he spits in the guys eggs.

The owner actually saw the cook do it. So he calls him in:

"Did I just see what I thought I saw?"

Yea...anybody who sleeps until noon deserves that.

Well, I have to fire you, you do know that, right?

Except at VA, remember, they work on "tit for tat"...the employee wont report it, because he knows he was already late 4 times that year and 3 is a firing....so he keeps his mouth shut.

All this said, Im desperate and gonna write to Hickey/McDonald, and then be prepared to be retaliated against. This said, if retaliation does happen, then I can show it came from the head honcho in charge.

IN short, The Va has done a great job shredding my trust, but Im gonna hafta take a chance they will make it right.

Edited by broncovet

boncovet, I imagined your story and clearly you are making good points; however, sometimes folks need to be called on the carpet and held accountable.

Surely the VA Claims personnel are over worked and under paid - I get that... but at the end of the day, their job is to process these claims in a timely and efficient manner. If they can't do the job, let's get the slacker out of there and hire someone who can. If fact, put in place a quota system - make them show proof that they are pushing these claims along. If Allison can do it with one phone call, I'm sure if the information is shared - they can do it to. Heads roll when you go to the top and sometimes you have to go to the top.

I shouldn't have to wait three years to get a response... clearly there is a disconnect in the process. I love the back pay and of course welcome it but look how much money the Veterans administration is losing in backpay. I say, fix my burger right the first time, as you were taught in culinary school and then I won't have to complain to your boss about you. :)

Thadine

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use