Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Allison Hickey Is A Saint! Wow!

Rate this topic

silverdollar22

Just to let everyone know their is someone that REALLY cares about us in the VA system and there is hope for the future! I e-mailed Ms Hickey yesterday about my claim and the dilemma I was facing. Well low and behold today I get this-

"I will ask Al Bocchicchio to make sure we have your Medical Records and provide you an update on your claims. I also removed all but your last 4 of SSN for your protection from Ms Hickey.

Also recieved this "Sir, Good afternoon. My name is Al Bocchicchio and I am the Director of the Atlanta VA Regional Office. I’ve asked one of the experts on my staff to review your pending claim to determine what actions are needed. We will expedite action on your claim. We will reach out soon to discuss the results of our review. I apologize for any inconvenience the delays have caused you. Thank you. V/R, Al"

Wow is this beyond hope or what? I've recieved hope that this broken system might really be heading for a change in the right direction. I hope this also gives hope to all of you fighting for what we deserve!!

Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

Eric, That's great news,

I wish more veterans that are having problems with their claims would email or call!

I hope you get a great favorable decision Buddy.

UPDATE---This afternoon I recieved this e-mail responce from the director of the atlanta Va saying "Sir, Good morning. Your STRs were in your electronic folder. I reviewed your file and confirmed that they are present – I apologize for the incorrect information that was provided to you earlier and the inconvenience that caused you. I am now asking one of our decision makers to review your file and determine the next course of action. I will update you once I receive a summary. I will be in contact with you in the near future. Thank you again for your patience."
Al

All in the same day!! I don't know how to react. WoW!!! Just goes to show you the mistakes that are being made at the R.O.'s What a runaround!!! Is their lighht at the end of the tunnel?

Another up-date. In just one day my claim moved to preparation for decision after sitting in gathering dust for 13 months. Wow the wheel does turn after all!!

Will keep up-dating as things progress.

Up-date: Yesterday my claim went back to gathering evidence but noticed it said decession letter sent. I looked at my ab8 and i went from 30% to 40%. I think that they gave me 20% for my back but not sure. Then yesterday i got a call from my local va and they schudeled me for labs ,x-rays ,psychology c&p and physical c&p all on the 28th of this month. I never claimed the psychology part but i guess they seen that i'm see a doctor for my depression. We will see what's next!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use