VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unbelievable What Can Be Done With Only A Short E-Mail. Success.

Rate this topic

BigSarge

• HadIt.com Elder

I am so glad you guys are getting results with Allison from what a few emails and phone calls can make, anyone having problems with their claim please email this woman or Robert McDonald write these emails down so you will have them for later if you need!...it may save you months or years of waiting & waiting!

I'm preparing my email tonight and I figure I need to catch her or him in the first two sentences of a minimum of three or four paragraphs. I even thought of sending attachment of my evidence, but that may be too much time and involved on their end. Any suggestions?

Deville905, I say keep it short. One sentence. No evidence. She's not going to review your case, you just want to make her aware that you have been waiting x y z days long. Basically, "Hi, I'm a 10 year veteran, my va claim has been held up since 2009, with no movement in ebenefits since jan 2014, I would love to get a status update - please help! Something like that. :)

Good luck to you!

Edited by Thadine

BigSarge, I just put your idea to the test. Sent Allison Hickey an email and so far, it wasn't kicked back by Google.....Kept it short and sweat, however, I did watch her a bit on YouTube so I could get a feel for her emotional state when she spoke of Veterans.....

Update: received a phone call from a woman representing the Office of the Secretary. She told me she forwarded the email to the VARO and that I should expect movement. Two days later (last Friday) the VARO appeals office calls me to 1) apologize for the delay 2) tell me they requested the C&P per the remand and 3) that without written proof of my contention that they would not be able to grant my appeal. The issue would then need to go back to the VLJ as he would have the power to change the decision. She was very nice, professional and informative. I expressed my gratitude for her time and help. Now, I wait for the C&P exam. My rep mentioned in the hearing that she thought my condition had gotten worse since my initial appeal several years ago. This way, regardless of the issue of restoring a reduced rating, I might at least have had an increase at some point in the past. Sounded like I would be getting two bites of the apple: the initial rating restored and an increase from the date the appeal was filed. Either way, I suggest anyone with a protracted wait contact the Office of the Secretary.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use