Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Bob Mcdonald

Rate this topic

saxman

• HadIt.com Elder

ALL files should be digitized and kept in one central location, so the veteran has access to it at all times. the Ro should have to get thier copy from the same place the veteran gets it, so they cant " sit on " THE C file . This boring old game of

" the regional office is not ready to release your c-file because the are working on it" needs to come to a stop.

I'd argue that the VA's past behavior should dictate that the original service records remain at the St, Louis repository, and the VA receives a copy, NOT THE ORIGINAL!

The "C" file, when stored electronically, certainly should be available to the veteran.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so what is his email address. Having same problem.

First I like to thank all here on Hadit for good advise.

I also like to thank Asknod for your post and web page on how to get a copy of you C-File.

First just a little history on me trying to get a copy of my C-File.

First requested a copy on May 2011.

VA closed my Request Sep 2013 without sending me a copy of my File. I believe they closed it because I just open a claim in Aug 2013.

I emailed IRIS to inquire about the file being closed and they said that I requested the file to be closed on Mar 2013.

Well I don't remember requesting the claim to be closed and I can't think of any reason to close it.

Dec 2014 I emailed Bob McDonald asking why is it taking over 3 years to get a copy of my C-File.

Jan 8, 2015 I sent in another request for my C-File using Asknod example and on Jan 15, 2015 I get a call

from the VA saying that they got a email from the Secretary and that they have a copy of my C-File ready to send me

and if it's ok to send it on a CD. I received it on 20 Jan 2015 less than one month after emailing Bob McDonald.

I suggest emailing Bob McDonald if you have unique issues with the VA that need attention.

robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov

The whole benefits system is based on tactics of oppression, delay, distancing and denials. If they get an inkling that they can lower you, watch how fast they can move. you can have other claims on NOD for a long time, and they dont even give them a sniff, but if they can reduce one , its high speed fast and furious actions,.

If I recall correctly there is a law in place that requires the va to get a vet thier c file in around 30 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use