VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone On Hadit Had Their Sc %s Reduced Recently?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

As you good folks on here know, I have a ton of C&Ps over the next two weeks for my current FDC claim. I also just found out that I have 3 or 4 of my current SC disabilities are up for Review Next Week. I of course as most Vets on here, am a dang nervous wreck. I am just wondering has anyone been up for review and had a condition reduced recently? Does the VA usually just continue to current % worst case scenario? Thanks in advance and hope you guys are having a good weekend.

Thanks for the info guys. The conditions that are up for review are actually none of the issues on my current claim. What I am saying is that I have been fighting with the VA over my back. I put in a claim for this because it is in my records, the VA treats me for it, and they referred me to my current Civilian Back Dr for fee based treatment. Now in my opinion how much more evidence does the VA need to SC, considering as a result of them not doing the surgery, I know have an internal whole in my spine. Basically I was very happy with the 100% I had, but it was not about that I want all the Surgeries, illnesses and disabilities that I came come with SC. A good Vietnam Vet friend of mine died in 2013 and due to the fact that he was IU and was not worried about SC all of his issues, what happened is his wife lost all the money they were getting and the VA played the old well he was not SC for it, and did not have the illness for 10 years. Also some of the disabilities that I claimed on this FDC, was in fact initiated by the Waco RO due to the VA losing one of my DBQs, and they forgot to Schedule a few C&Ps. It took me a long time and 3 months in a Civilian Mental Hospital in 2012 to admit that I had problems. I still have not filed for Sleep Apnea and other conditions, which would be high %s if granted. Mike thanks again for following along for the ride, as I too followed you to the finished line my friend.

its no secret that the VA ia trying to take compensation from vets by hook or by crook. Instead of worrying abt it as much. I would recommend hiring a benefits agent. I still worry, but no near as much, because I KNOW I have one of the best veterans benefits agents available. Navy, do yourself a favor, call John Dorle.. If he cant help you, he wont waste your time. Im keeping him on board for good, because the VA is going to be trying to screw us for a long time. his number is 651 303- 3062

The VA had me engaged in a wild goose chase , fighting over things that were irrelevant, so I was missing the big picture.

John immediately pointed out the chink in thier armor, and turned the tables. He cannot rush the process, but he can bring a big stick to the fight. call him.

The VA has a panel of attorneys in washington, thousands of former insurance claims adjusters employed, who are experts at giving us the shaft. Ita not that we are stupid. were far from stupid, we just arent up to speed on all of the nuances and tricks the VA uses/ We can either spend 20 years figuring it out, or hire someone who already has ..

Edited by 63SIERRA

Furthermore, most of these service organizations are scared to ask the VA for the max benefits you are entitled. to .. They live in the VA s garage,, many vets say,,,, " well they are free and I shouldnt have to pay anyone, Im a VETERAN"// Well ya know what, THEY DONT CARE.. life is hard and then you die. Theres so much wrong with this world it is not even believable sometimes.

It is just how things are. I believe at one time, these service orgs did have vets interest at the forefront, but War and the VA have become BIG BUSINESS. Many have gotten filthy rich off the ++ star spangled eyes ++ of the american love of couhtry and the blood of its youth.. They fooled us once, dont let them fool you twice.

Here is something I have noticed. If a vet is getting 0, 10,20 30, 40 percent, you will likely never hear from the VA.

{Most likely because they know you are not getting properly comped, so they are happy}

Once you get the WHOPPING 50 percent and can drive a car instead of ride a bicycle everywhere you go, and Ramen noodles arent the only staple in your pantry anymore, you become a target.

Then low and behold, you have the audacity to ask for 60 or 70 percent, your really pissing them off, because they know your getting wise. They know sooner or later, someone will tell you abt TDIU, or inform you that you have been getting lowballed for a long time. Its all a numbers game.

Why is it that if they get on a trail that they think they can reduce a vet, they go full steam ahead, { forget abt the claim that has been on appeals for 3 years, reduce his ass NOW}.

This is the system, this is our challenge, this is our reality.

Edited by 63SIERRA

You are right on the money bud. I never want anyone to feel sorry for me, just want folks to understand what guys like us with a lot of disabilities have to go thru. I went from 150k a year to half of that, which I am very grateful for. Just tired, and I mean tired of the SHI*** that the VA has put me thru. I did not ask to be Retired from the Military, or be sick. Every other month I am diagnosed with a new illness, going to have my Colon removed soon, and all my teeth due to acid erosion from my Crohns. I am only 32 years old, how can the VA or the Govt not realize that this not the average path for someone my age, or what my wife and small children have to go thru daily. I have seen a lot of Success stories on here lately and I pray that they continue for all of us. Thanks again for the support bud. Hope you have a good week. I will be heading to FT Worth on wed morning and I will try to get thru all those exams. I have had over 30, and I still cant get used to them

Well I made it thru the exams this past week. I still have a few to go in a couple of weeks along with a few tests and a brain scan. The PTSD review exam was hard core to say the least and lasted over an hour. Well today I reviewed the PTSD C&P review exam results, and the Doc diagnosed me with other new conditions, and it looks like I will either continue at 70% or be increased to 100%. I just hope that the VA makes my PTSD or as a whole permanent. My other exams have not showed up yet. Once they do I will update you guys. Thanks so much for the support. Hope you guys have a good weekend. Happy Valentines Day!!!

Edited by Navy04

I just looked at my C&P exam results, and discovered the following:

PTSD: will be kept at 70% or increased to 100% Also C&P Doc diagnosed me with Personality Disorder and OCD This was a Review

Crohns: looks to be kept at 30% or increased to whatever % This was a Review

Migraines exam states has gotten worse so looks to be increased from 30 to 50% This was a Review

The following conditions are new and will be SC at per report stating Likely due to SC conditions

Lower Back Pain: DJD/DDD/Bulging Disc Don't know what %, but Doc stated would affect me being able to work

L Knee: will be granted SC Secondary to R Knee Don't know what %, but Doc stated would affect me being able to work

Hemorroids: will be granted SC Secondary to Crohns Don't know what %, but Doc stated Severe with Internal/External Lesions

Asthma: will be granted SC due to Fire Pit exposure in OIF/OEF, again don't know what %