VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone On Hadit Had Their Sc %s Reduced Recently?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

As you good folks on here know, I have a ton of C&Ps over the next two weeks for my current FDC claim. I also just found out that I have 3 or 4 of my current SC disabilities are up for Review Next Week. I of course as most Vets on here, am a dang nervous wreck. I am just wondering has anyone been up for review and had a condition reduced recently? Does the VA usually just continue to current % worst case scenario? Thanks in advance and hope you guys are having a good weekend.

Thank you guys so much. I can not explain how much it means to me to have the Hadit support. I love to help fellow Vets on Hadit with their VA or SSDI claims, but when it comes to me, I get so worked up that I cant sleep or even breathe sometimes, and I put my great family thru a lot of stress. God Bless you guys and I will update when it is all official.

Navy 04 I get the same way where I can't breathe sleep or think straight and then I isolate effects family. Then I pissed and hunker down and get busy working on the solution. Thank god I make it to pissed off phase and come here for help. If not for hadit I would be lost on what to do to fight back. God bless

Speaking of getting reduced, my husband was rated last year around July 2014 but just last month - we got a letter that they propose reducing his knee rating from 40 percent to 30 percent. Said it was an rating error on their part. The good news is we don't have to pay that money back but the bad part is we will no longer have the 70% rating. They suggested we ask for a hearing but said that they will most likely still reduce it because it's an error on their part. Can they do that? We need that 70%! I'm just sick about it. I can't take no more bad news!!!! :sad:

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the best defense against getting reduced is to file for "more" compensation if you have real new SC disabilities. Since I got 70% P&T TDIU in 2001 I have filed for 7 new disabilities and/or increases. I am now Total plus 80% and get "S". I think another good strategy is to go to the VA for at least some treatment and complain. I went to pain doctor and she DX'ed me with new PTSD symptoms. I really am fed up with VA medical care, but be sure if you have mental disability that you get medications and at least accept them. You may improve with medications, but that does not mean your condition has improved substantially. For instance, if you have PTSd and are taking three PTSD meds then you may improve but that's because you are in treatment and getting many medications.

The best defense with the VA is a good offense. File those claims if they are legitimate. Secondary claims are what give you some padding if ever they do question your main claim. I was DX'ed with DMII due to AO after I was P&T. I filed for it and a couple of five other secondary claims. Now I have over ten years P&T so my wife gets DIC if I croak before her. I wanted her to have ChampVA and it took an appeal to get it. This thing the VA and VSO's do to instill fear in vets to keep them from filing claims is really dirty business.

Guys,

to answer a few of the questions, let me say this;

I've seen a multitude of "proposal to reduce benefits" letters this past year. Veterans are submitting for a re-evaluation for a higher % on certain or all of their disabilities. When they submit these claims, they are in fact having their entire list of disabilities reviewed . In the letters that I have seen, if a veteran has a S/C disability that hasn't been looked at by a doctor, ie, no medical complaints since the date of the last rating decision, the VA is considering that disability to have improved, thus resulting in a proposal to reduce. (those with under 10 years of having the disability) Again, I've seen so many of these this past year. I'm working with a veteran right now that received a proposal letter to reduce him from 90% to 10%. Gulf war vet, numerous issues, but he got fed up with the VA docs and not only did he stop going, but stopped all his meds. Started smoking weed, that's been his relief. After reviewing the letter, the only disability not being proposed a reduction is his tinnitus.

So yes, it is happening.

Navy04, your % for asthma will be based upon the results of the PFT test.

Thadine, yes the VA can do that. They made an error is the only reason you don't have to pay those monies back. I would obtain a copy of your C/P exam that was done for the knee and look to see what the degrees in flexion is recorded, and the actual diagnosis of the knee. The biggest 2 factors when rating a knee...

John999, yes there are many VSO's out there, some good and some bad as we all know. Me personally, In my 9 years of volunteering as a VSO, only a few occasions have I ever refused to submit a claim for a veteran. Each one of them had no medical diagnosis or medical documentation of their symptomology.

I've never installed fear in anybody. I've been just and upright with each veteran that has visited me...

63 sierra, a lot of speculation in your comments...

Edited by meghp0405