VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Having Ssdi Mean Tdui Will Be Denied

Rate this question

bassrunnin

Question

been seeing some posts where people were denied because they were receiving SSDI and wanted to get some opinions. Just got 70 percent and waiting on TDUI. I started an SSDI claim couple months ago and they are reviewing medical files

Thanks

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Receiving SSDI can almost guarantee, a claimant, TDIU, provided the SSDI is based on the same conditions, that are being claimed for TDIU. If you receive an award from SS, you should, immediately, notify the VA and send them a copy. jmo

pr

been seeing some posts where people were denied because they were receiving SSDI and wanted to get some opinions. Just got 70 percent and waiting on TDUI. I started an SSDI claim couple months ago and they are reviewing medical files

Thanks

The VA and SSA each having their own standards or requirements. For awarding your Social Security Disability Insurance and/or SC service-connection. I've never heard of the VA denying SC because one was already receiving SSDI. The SSA can make a determination on SSDI using solely your SC/VA medical records. IMO....SSDI would help with proving SC, if they disability was a direct result of service. If service connection is denied? Its because there was no connection proving injury.

It will be very difficult for VA to deny you TDIU IF social security has determined you are disabled by the same conditions that VA says are service connected. Check you ss award letter and see the reasons they say you cant work. If those reasons are all service connected by VA, you should be get TDIU.

I had quit work Oct 1, 2010, then I applied for SSDI a week later. I was awarded four months later in Feb 2011 but couldn't draw until April 2011 which was the 6 month waiting period. I had filed for VA disability in Jan 2011 and was awarded 80% in May 2012 with some items deferred. My second Big Brown Envelope I received in Oct and then My third BBE in December awarding me SMC S.