VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hired Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

Edited by Philgrenier

• HadIt.com Elder

I read VFW magazine today and they mention a Dr. Ellis who I have heard of before. He does IME'/IMO's for federal worker's compensation cases. I have heard good things about him if you can travel to see him. I want to find a VA malpractice lawyer in Tampa because I think the VA committed malpractice when they got me hooked on opiates and now have changed their minds about treating chronic pain patients with opiates. The VA prescribed opiates for me for at least 9 years. Do you think my brain chemistry may have changed permanently?

I paid DR Bash $2,000 and he later asked for more several times He said my case would receive SMI level of compensation and that I would get K$$$ in retro back pay therefore I should have been willing to pay more;he initially asked for 10,000$ . The report he gave me was chaotic and disorganized it had someone eles's information mixed in and I did not realize it until I had submitted it to the VA. I had to go into the document and cut and replace erroneous information and correct typos.

His letter was enough to re open my claim however did not help at all with the later decision /Statement of Case. His letter was barely even mentioned in my Statement of Case. I received 20% increase for conditions I pursued and documented on my own from my Primary care doctor. That is just my experience nothing more nothing less. But I paid him $2000 that is lost forever.

ok you recieved an extra 20 percent because of the reopen and his help.. so lets do some figuring here... lets see how long it took to recoup your 2 grand,,, maybe 6 months>>>> and now your banking that extra 20 percent like clockwork??? what im I missing here.. I wish there were private investments in the business sector that paid that kind of retuirn.,. JMHO..

I'm torn here with my thoughts, but ultimately veterans wouldn't have to go this route if VSO's did there job.

I hope you guys are successful in getting service connected; however for veterans whom cant afford Dr. Bash, what are we to do?

I just say evidence and a IMO are your best weapons.

GOOD LUCK, to all.................

I'm torn here with my thoughts, but ultimately veterans wouldn't have to go this route if VSO's did there job.

I hope you guys are successful in getting service connected; however for veterans whom cant afford Dr. Bash, what are we to do?

I just say evidence and a IMO are your best weapons.

GOOD LUCK, to all.................

there is a reason the VA highly recommends VSO s and it takes divine intervention to fire them once you lnstall them as your power of attorney.. Bringing most VSO s (not all ) into the baTtle is like bringing a blind man to a knife fight, they might get in the way, offer support, but likely wont get much done.. JMHO

I own these words and speak from personal experience.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fat, I always thought they get it from your retro when you win?

jmo

...........Buck

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use