Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veteran Charged With $800,000 In Fraud Of Disability Benefits.

Oiler1995

So the VA gives away grants for a pool......and for a car for somebody who reportedly claims they can't see....................amazing....

there has to be inside actions, relatives, ect that work at the ROs hooking them up. There have been people recieving double checks for years.. That is why the whole system needs to be audited by an independant company , preferably from another country, and be sealed and presented to the Sec of VA and congress and the FBI. AND ATTORNEY GENERAL

I believe some veterans get denied soley on circumstance. and nothing to do with if they are eligible or not. There has to be a throttling of funds inside of these ROs. Certainly they dont have a open ledger to just write checks like they own the treasury/. I could imagine meetings where bean counters are meeting with RO managers and establishing "target goals" for yearly comp totals. When a RO has to write a whopper of check for 100.000 - 500.000 dollars because they got caught ripping a vet off for 20 years, I would imagine it has an impact on the claims being worked at that time..

Knowing how the VA seems to operate I can just envision the meeting.. ATTENTION ALL MANAGERS.. we are having WAY too many claims innacurately being approved,. Please double check the claim before close out to see if theres ANY way we can correct this problem. If need be. feel free to go back to the antiquated yet immensely effective ENNIE,. MEENIE, MYNEEY , MOE method to keep the claims static. WE have paid out too much compensation this month!!!

I think it has become a system of robbing Peter to pay Paul. But when Peter catches on, they will have to rob Luke to pay Peter.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

This makes me sick, so many veterans fighting for there claims to better help there family's and this idiot gets 800 grand and a new car swimming pool faking blind...he should get then maximum sentence.

I just can't see how the Dr's Missed this?..They can't follow him around but looks like someone did!

..............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

This guy is from my neck of the woods. I knew of him as I used to live in Olive Hill. I heard there were many people who said he was faking being totaly blind, personaly I do not see how this got through the system. I know the C&P's rely on a Vet statement to some "very small extent", but this case does not seem plausible given the high Tech machines used today. I am not one to question anyone who has medical issues, here, I question the VA's ability to do a proper exam.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

Sure sounds to me like this guy was a fraud and tarnishes / stains

the truly disabled.

I personally am glad the truth has come to light and hope he receives

swift and just punishment.

When I go to my VAMC, I continue to work hard on trying to NOT

judge other's.

I am not a doctor and do not know the other persons conditions

and medical evidence of record.

It's the VBA's job to adjudicate disabilities, not mine, as I have not walked in the

other veteran's shoes.

Even tho we know for sure that there are fraudulent claims made, let's try to be kind

to all veteran's until we are shown that they are not deserving of our kindness and compassion.

jmho

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.