Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have My Original Str's

Rate this question

glider222

Question

Before I send my original STR's off to Numan, GA, I am looking for opinions of how any of you experienced Veterans would go about copying and weeding out junk? Also, should I include my civilian treatment records such as MRI's, EMG's and surgery reports?

When I out processed I kept my original 201 file and med/dental records because I did not trust anyone and I am a Rebel. No one from my command has asked for them andd I have been medically retired since 2001.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would keep any originals and send only copies. They would need to pry the originals from my cold dead hands, as I would never allow them out of my sight. I would not weed out anything from your 201 file. I would only send copies of pertinent civilian treatment records(ie; MRI's, EMG's & surgery reports). jmo

pr

glider222,

Send copies of all relevant medical records (military and civilian), If a record does not have anything to do with your claimed condition, don't send it. Make sure you send the records certified mail return receipt requested. Correction in spelling: Newnan not Numan.

Since you have original records, make sure you do not lose them.

Good luck to you.

GP

PR,

Sorry, when I started working on my response, I did not see your post.

GP

Thanks georgiapapa and Phil,

Will they except copies? I posted last week that a VA rep who is looking into my 21-4140 (because I made 325.00 in 2014) called me to see if I might have copies of my STR's because he could not get them from anyone. He mentioned that the VA does not like to except records directly from the vet as they could be altered or weeded out.... Imagine someone doing something less than honorable coming from a claims examiner....

They will accept copies. Never ever send your originals. Sometimes they will want a certified copy with a seal for documents such as marriage licenses. Birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

GP