VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Tdui, But Does That Mean I'm T&p Also?

Rate this question

bassrunnin

Question

OK so I finally got an answer on the TDUI Today I got the actual letter from the VA about my TDIU award. My combined rating is still 70%, but they'll be paying me at 100% with no examinations scheduled in the future. Does this mean I get the benefits of 100% total and am permanent and can ask for property tax exemption and the such? I don't want to ask or presume anything that I shouldn't get or are entitled to. Is it because no examinations are scheduled that I am Permament and Total even though my service connected is 70%. Very confusing. Can someone explain all this to me...please...thanks

This is what My VA letter says in Ebennies:VA Benefit Information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 70%

Your current monthly award amount is: $3268.12

The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2014

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

Edited by bassrunnin

Can one get a 100% rating from VA and receive the 100% Compensation pay without being TDUI or P&T and would one still be allowed to continue to work the same full time job one currently has that one had after retirement prior to getting a 100% rating from VA?

Edited by WOLF14

• HadIt.com Elder

Can one get a 100% rating from VA and receive the 100% Compensation pay without being TDUI or P&T and would one still be allowed to continue to work the same full time job one currently has that one had after retirement prior to getting a 100% rating from VA?

I would say yes as long as the rating is not solely related to a mental issue.

WOLF14,

I took a copy of my VA award letter and my AB8 (Benefits Summary Letter) to my county tax office, completed a form changing my tax exemption status to "100% P & T disabled veteran." Once I die, my widow will be able to continue the exemption and receive the same property break for as long as she lives.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe TDIU P&T Veterans qualify for the home tax exemption, being paid at the 100% rate is the qualifier.

some states may differ in what& how much they exempt.

Buck,

It does vary by State. Also, a few states give exemptions to vets rated at less than 100%.

Take care.

GP