Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20% Disabled Id Card?

Rate this question

ktm rider

Question

Hello,

I have searched and searched for an answer to this question but there just doesn't seem to be one out there so I will ask here.

How do I get some kind of ID card proving 20% disability? Everytime I try to use a veterans discount for something they ask for an ID card. I am talking about trivial things of course like discounts at Lowe's for instance.

I have my VA card and I am 60% disabled and use it for all discounts to include restaurants! I ask every where I go for veteran discounts and some that don't have discounts wind up giving them to me for asking. The VA card is acceptable at Lowes/Home Depot and many other locations.

Edited by Navy4life

• HadIt.com Elder

Lowes accepts anything that shows service. A VA ID from the hospital you get treatment is good enough. If you don't have a card go to nearest VAMC and ask for one. You are service connected.

I've used Lowes and Home Depot across the country and it not only varies by location, but by employee.

So- if you get an answer you don't like- ask someone else or a manager.

I've also had stores that don't have a vets discount policy give me a discount on the spot just for asking.

I don't feel entitled to a discount for serving but I certainly appreciate those who offer one and it does affect where i buy big ticket items. :smile:

My local Lowes told me that the VIC has to be marked service connected at its a desabiled vets discount now. Home Depo has been doing this for a while I have a buddy who was turned down there because his said purple heart instead of service connected.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4life I do that too..

Carl Jr's Restaurants give 10% veteran discounts and I been in some places that don't give 10% D for veterans instead they give 10% senior citizens discounts...sorry you younger vets hang in there your time will come... :smile:

I think its a nice thing for us veterans and the people show there appreciation for our service.

...................Buck

Buck52

My take on it is "if you don't ask you will never know".....A lot of businesses don't give the discount but when you ask and they know you are a Veteran a lot of the managers at the store/restaurants will give you the discount...

SO ASK!!! LOL