VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Helping A Vn Vet

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

My friend was in Vietnam and has heart problems and he had 90% blockage and they put a stent in.back in 97.Last year I told him to put a claim in for AO,he did but could not get his old records.The DAV told him to get another stress test so he did and get the results and send it in.He said the stent help with the blockage,will the DAV write to the doctor if they need anymore information.I know when you have heart problems it does not go away.The DAV said it will take awhile to get his claim process ,do you think he has a chance to get sc and a percentage for his claim

• HadIt.com Elder

I Agree with everyone, he should already filed a claim.

The VA Docs Won't tell a veteran about his benefits, maybe because this is a training hospital and the Drs don't think about it.

but some VA Docs do.

he should get some retro back too depends on when he gets a rating and how far back they go?

but put his health above everything else & get checked out, that is most important.

jmo

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

Sorry to hear of your Friend's issues, and thank you for helping him. I completely agree with the advice given above. The Number 1 mistake that we all make as Vets, is that we don't submit a claim for benefits, and for every month and year that goes by we lose Money that we deserve, and instead the Corrupt or Bad Folks in this world are on the Ball and take it all from us. Good luck and God Bless

AO CAD Presumptive got on the books about 2010. Why Vets wait to file a claim, me included, is a mystery. Is your friend being seen by a Primary Care VA Dr? Who's picking up the tab for his Heart and any other medication needs?

You mentioned the DAV, did he sign a Representation POA and when? If the DAV didn't file his official "Intent to File a Claim" when he 1st made contact with them, Some DAV Rep needs to get his arse in a crack. File Date = Retro Pay Date. Your friend is coming to the VA comp Circus kinda late, where's he been since "97?" There is a chance that the VA will try to appoint a Fiduciary to protect and handle his finances, sounds like he actually might need one.

At 69, he's lucky if CAD with a Stent is his only medical problem. If he has any other Private or VA DX'd conditions, list them and we'll try to point him in the right direction.

You're a good friend and we thank you for helping him.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Forgot to ask this question, if my friend get aleast 10% sc for cad,ao claim,will his wife be entiled to get $100.00 also monthly

Thanks again for your help

Buzz,

His wife will not but once his combined compensation rating is 30% or higher, your friend will receive some additional compensation for any dependents including his wife.

GP