Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU

Rate this topic

saints13

• HadIt.com Elder

The two VA & SSD rate differently.

VA Rates on your symptoms & how bad they are (Disability's)

and with SSD you either can work or you can't ,I believe the SSD guidlines are a lot sticker  than VA

But do send in your VA award SSD award letter  they both should help either way for both of you.

After second denial with SSD   then you can see the Judge on your 3rd time  and usually a judge can see you and your disability and award SSD

jmo

...................Buck

i just realized that Dental is not covered for a P

I am very sure if you are TDIU P&T your dental is covered. There is a retired VA dental guy that also stated that 100% Sched and TDIU P&T vets are included in dental benefits.

Here is a link that may help http://statesidelegal.org/tdiu-100-benefit-equal-every-way-schedular-100

There is alot of misinformation in the VA health care, just load up with knowledge and don't take no. I hope it helps.

The procedure to get a claim SC for a "secondary" is almost  same as the primary, pretty much.

YOu need a doctor to opine that your HBP is at least as likely as not caused by (one or more of your SC conditions).    Look through your records to see if a doc did so state.  If a doc did not state your HBP is related to, say, your PTSD, then you could simply ask your doctor, "Do you think my HBP is related to PTSD?"

HINT:   ASK your doctor if any of the meds you are taking for SC conditions has HBP as a side effect.  Also, you can do an internet search, too.  So if you are on Prozac, for example, do a good search for "Prozac side effects" and see if HBP is one listed.   Do this with each of your meds, then ask (dont tell your doc what to do, some are offended by that), if he thinks your prozac caused your HBP, noting that you saw that Prozac causes HBP according to the company website. (If, indeed that is true and I have no idea if Prozac causes HBP, its just an example)

If he says "Yes." then ask him to put that in your records.  

If he says "No" then that will likely mean you are gonna need another doc, or IMO opinion of the same.  

Edited by broncovet
adding applicable information

Saints13

From what you provided, you are TDIU P&T.  Now its making VA concede that point.  Frankly, you have overwhelming evidence showing that your disabilities leave you unemployable.  I typically get a medical opinion to bring all the evidence together but you probably do not need that here. 

I would appeal the decision that got you to 70% back to 4/14 (I’m assuming that you haven’t worked since then).  I would submit the IU form now too.  VA will consider that a new claim but it isn’t; its part of your claim going back to 4/14.  This is important because you are probably looking at another $20k in retro benefits. 

Also, the IU form-- 21-8940—take your time filling it out.  I’ve seen several claims delayed/denied because VA did not get all the info it wanted from the form.  Before handing it in, read this (http://www.hillandponton.com/va-individual-unemployability-tips-to-filling-out-the-va-21-8940-part-1/)

As far as the HBT, Broncovet is spot on.  I would just caution with the HBP claim don't let the tree block the forest.  Your goal is 100% P&T through IU.  Once you reach that status then getting other issues s/c probably will not add to your overall compensation.  The medical for the HBP will be covered.  So your main focus should be IU. 

Was your HBP DX'd before or after your PTSD DX? Is it controlled with Meds? It's a very difficult sell, linking it to your PTSD. Have all other possible causes been ruled out?

As to IU, start an application  on your E-Ben site to establish your claim date. Then get busy putting your Medical and Financial Evidence together. Do it right the 1st time. I take it, there was no mention of an "Inferred IU Claim" pending with your last Award Letter, right.

As to VA Dental, 100% SC Scheduler or IU rating. You don't have to be IU T & P.

Semper Fi

R3dneck and all.. that apply,

I actually had a referral from a Legal membership that put me in contact with a reputable law firm that handles Disability and they said basically, to call them when i get a letter from a Dr. that Says " i cant work" which happens to be the song and dance i have been hearing even in the VA comp Claims Saga, which i was able to succeed in by way of "not a letter thats says this .. but close" Anyway none of which i gave the VA for there decision was used as weight in the SSDI reconsideration, they basically said " We do not have sufficient vocational information to determine whether you can perform any of your past relevant work, however based on the evidence in file, we have determined that you can adjust to other work, therefore.. Denied.....ahhhh"

So i guess that letter from Voc Rehab placing me on independent living did not help either, what does help is all of you .. that help me out with posts and reply (We help each other with are stories to encourage hope.

I know what the Lawyer told me and i expect they expect me to just let the 60 day appeal window just hang in the balance.. they even said i might have to re open a claim.. but why do that.. i;m motivated to appeal this with or without a attorney.. i don't think i have much to loose.. but i wish i had a Legal rep to make sure i don't get the law books sent down range at me... hope you all can chime in on what i can do other than finding a  Dr. that will write a letter..

Bad enough that my outside state medicaid expired now both me and my Child have not insurance ( until champVA kicks in ) but that 100% is kind of tight with paying out of pocket for dental since VA does not pay for this..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use