VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ebennys account?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I finally got  ebenefits account.

it says I have 3 request  

1.describe sterssors and date /location

2.Name Dr and hospital that treated me?  VA?

3 Fill out Questioner enclosed.....(none was enclosed?)unless I need to upload all these documents?

it says I have 30 days to respond or til Dec 12 th to respond...I have not received this in snail mail   only until tonight I got into my e bennys account did I find this information

This is all new to me  I'm old school and filed snail mail before this internet stuff

In other words I don't know what I'm doing...eh!

Any help would be appreciated

...Buck

Edited by Buck52

The best thing I can suggest, Buck, is that you give ebenefits some time for you to get used to navigating the website.  You probably did not know how to use hadit's website either, when you first started.    So be patient with yourself learning the new website.  

I do think you will need to respond to these 3 questions and the sooner you can respond, the faster your claim will be worked.

If you have family members who are at least partly good with computers then you might enlist their help.  Dont be afraid to ask for help. 

Try it own your own for a couple days, but if you still cannot figure it out, then message me and I will give you my phone number and you can call me and I will try to walk you through it, but I want you to try on your own, first.  

Buck!!!!

My post from yesterday is gone due to the interruption mentioned by Tbird.

But in a nutshell, it was this;

Yes, get all your evidence together that you have now, write up your 21-4138 statement in support of claim, and get it out in the mail to your intake center in Janesville!  Do the certified and return receipt(green card) mail.  If you can get it out this morning, they will have it by Thursday at the latest, and if it takes you till Monday, they should still have it by Friday, which is several weeks before the deadline. 

You will be good to go, for that 30 day window time frame.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

Attorney Chirs Atig mention  its  not a good Idea to send the 21-4138? The statement in support of claim''(They don't read it)

So I am just going to send in the  21-0781 PTSD statement in support of claim & add attachments

I don't have my records in yet or my C-File..but I may have enough to be service connected?...just don't have much medical documentation, because I was not treated for it while in military  or for Depression,

Just  being treated recently for this. (I'll mention this)

All I have medically is recent VA treatment reports and Therapist notes and diagnoses by the VA MH people.

( Therapist Notes ?which I don't understand how its favorable to my claim?)  only to prove I'm in treatment at this time and taking prescribe Meds

I have my stressorr's  1 & 2  there's more but the ones I will mention are the worse (to me)

I'm trying to make this short as possible and to the point.

Luckily for me I have a letter from my unit  commander ''Major'' James L Bennett  personally attesting to my Character (which he mention was outstanding)

I think after the VA receives this  hopefully they will set me up a C&P??

But I still realize I could be denied and  need to appeal...I'm saking myself up for the big D

Also sending in my approval for extension for second tour of RVN (Disposition  DA2496)

After I sign that document  its no turning back and I can be placed in any area in RVN that needed me..Lucky me I stayed with my unit the whole time I was in Vietnam  but did TDY Duty at other post, I have those orders too I'll submit  maybe be favorable to my claim  I'm trying to send anything good I have...IDK? if thats a good Idea or not  but hopefully won't hurt.

Its be like 45/46 years ago and I know I forgot a lot of things in that time frame, just ever now and then vision will come to me.

I was hoping I got my C-file Before filing  but I chose to go ahead and file this claim  my Cfile has been on order 4 months now.

at least if nothing else I'll get my EED started.

I wish you the best with your claim too!

Thanks for all your help

.............Buck

30 Days, and the clock is ticking. You have what you have and that's it, evidence wise. You can only provide what you have RIGHT NOW, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT?

I would advise 1 additional step along with Andyman's recommendation. You do have the requested evidence, right? I have personally used the Attig endorsed "Sworn Affidavit" and agree it's superior to the 21-4138 primarily from the stand point of the additional Legal Sanctions imposed on the signore.

You now have an E-Ben account and are able to submit any and all the requested Claims Evidence electronically. If your computer savvy and have a scanner, I would attach each piece of Evidence as a pdf to your existing claim. 

Your New to E-Ben and might not have a Scanner, so what to do. Going to your VSO's main office and getting the assistance of the staff there to assist you in uploading your documents might be a good move. You really don't have to use your own VSO, any VSO Service or Rep with a Scanner could do it for you, you don't have to be signed up with them.

It doesn't hurt to send the same Evidence Package Cert - Return Rect via snail mail, just takes longer to get an acknowledgment of receipt. Duplicate Receipts of your requested supporting Claims Evidence will not hurt your claim status. Acknowledgment of Receipt of your Electronic Filing will be immediate and a list of the Evidence submitted will show up on your Claims evidence provided list at some point on E-Ben.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

I had forgotten about the sworn affidavit approach.  I would have used that, but don't have the funds to pay for it.

Buck,

That PTSD statement form is probably better than the 21-4138 anyway, since it is specifically for PTSD.  Between that and the sworn affidavit, you should have a slam dunk case.  "Should" being the operative term here. 

But we all know that the VA does what ever the VA wants, and we have to prove our innocence or our evidence. 

What about your local public library?  Not sure about securing your info, but most of them have decent quality scanning equipment, and probably able bodied personnel that can walk you through it step by step.  Just a thought.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand what y'all mean I do have a scanner, I can get into Ebenefits  But I'd rather use the snail mail and just print the forms and fill them out and print the forms in PDF and make double copies and just send that in with my statement in support of claim  they sent the 21-0782 &21-0781a...the 0781 is for personal assault  the 0781 is for the stressor's.

I'll use ebenefit's to basically track my claim

So guess I'll just fill them both out and print them and send in what evidence I have...I know that's probably not good enough  but hopefully they will send me some letter letting me know they need some else.

other than what they already sent me  this is what I'm trying to address at this time...I think I'll have all they need?

Gastone  I have until Dec 12th to get it to the VA...I'm working on this now  my wife is my typer..I'm to slow at typing.

Anyway thanks guys  I appreciate all your help.

........Buck