Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thoughts on DAV

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

Just want to know what other users think of the DAV as a claims rep?  I won previous claims without help from them, then appointed them as rep.  Problem is, I can NEVER get in touch with them, and have a new claim and appeal in.  Would you guys recommend that I keep using them, or go at it alone?  Seems like they could care less about getting back to me.

i have both great and horrible experiences with dav. just depends on the person. some go out of there way to help. and others find ways to hurt you. i have a lifetime membership with then. but they no longer represent me.

I have DAV rep.

On my 3rd one since March 2015.

They seem to have a huge case load, always off doing hearings, TAPS briefings etc. Very tough to get ahold of them.

The current one does seem to have his stuff together and knows the regs. which is helpful for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a DAV rep  but I am working my own claim  I basically sign on with them incase I need to go to CAVC  OR Even a DRO Hearing, mine is to busy to call at times but may need them later?  if he don't answer his pgone I'll just go to his DAV Office  its in my VAMC building

..............Buck

I'm sure it depends on the DAV rep.  Mine isn't that helpful and I pretty much got the feeling that I was bothering him so I probably won't go back to him.  With that being said, I'm sure there are some great DAV reps out there.  

• HadIt.com Elder

You folks should read their by laws and see exactly where their ultimate loyalties lie.

You will be surprised if not totally peeved.  

Use a claims agent like John Dorle. Your service will be impeccable.

Basser