Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

va calucations

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

While I agree with your statement about the VA gaming Veterans, your initial post came off as sounding like you're trying to game the system. I read it the same way (I'm assuming here) many other people have, and thus, the lack of responses you're post is receiving.

I don't believe a veteran's goal ought to be "let's see what I can do to get to 100%" especially if there isn't clear-cut medical evidence to support the claim (which granted, you do say you have, I'm not disputing that). I deal with people everyday in the Social Security and Medicare field who are clearly gaming the system and I see it on a DAILY basis. I've witnesses gross abuse and fraud by many folks who walk in with canes, and three hours later, getting lunch next door, getting along just fine without their canes. I have conversations with S.S. employees who witness it on a much greater level  than I do.

These kinds of conversations are exactly what caused me to wait so long to seek help from the VA. I see the stigma associated with people in these groups, and like it or not, we (disabled veterans) are a part of this group who are generalized by many as suck-offs to the general public. Now I know that is definitely not the case with most veterans, and I believe there is a good portion of our population that "separates" out disabled veterans and those living on SS and/or medicare (title 16 and title 2) and they should.

Coincidentally, just this morning before I came home, I had a conversation with a coworker in Fort Collins who just separated from the Army and he's 80%. But he proceeded to tell me that he's trying to get to 100% so that he can claim SS disability too. I've lost respect for the guy. He's clearly trying to game the system. When he tells me that he could pull in $3200 in VA and then an additional $2000-$2900 in SS disability, so that he can go fishing, hunting, and shooting, when he clearly is capable of working, than he has learned that gaming the system is okay, and that is not right. That man has zero integrity. Period.

I'm not saying RUREADY, that that is what you are doing. But please do be careful about how you post your threads and the wording you use. We're all generalized enough as it is, and when people read this, it's not very hard to see why you received the reaction you did. Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't worse than what it was.

Just putting my two cents out there.

Semper Fi all!

Sgt. Wilky

Edited by Sgt. Wilky

BOHICA

RU, grab your calculator. A Vet 80% SC leaves 20% good, right? In order to advance to a Scheduler 100% rating, he must get a New SC that would get him to 95% before VA Rounding to 100.

A VERY close, personal friend of mine, Me, was 90% IU T & P since 6/14. The VA in their infinite wisdom, granted a SA Secondary issue as SC O% in 5/15. Just this week, while viewing E-Ben, turns out the VA has increased my SA SC Rating from 50% to 100%, due to the Secondary SC Issue. Also awarded SMC (S-1).

Back to the 80 rating, you need an 80% New SC to get to 96% rounded to 100, good luck on that. You could use the comp calculator and play "what if" as to different increases to your current SC conditions, again good luck with that but I guess it could happen.

The best bet, file for IU when your qualified to do so, expect a Denial and NOD it the next day. Things are always changing, just keep the claim alive. Sooner or later, JUST MAYBE.

Semper Fi

2 hours ago, Sgt. Wilky said:

While I agree with your statement about the VA gaming Veterans, your initial post came off as sounding like you're trying to game the system. I read it the same way (I'm assuming here) many other people have, and thus, the lack of responses you're post is receiving.

I don't believe a veteran's goal ought to be "let's see what I can do to get to 100%" especially if there isn't clear-cut medical evidence to support the claim (which granted, you do say you have, I'm not disputing that). I deal with people everyday in the Social Security and Medicare field who are clearly gaming the system and I see it on a DAILY basis. I've witnesses gross abuse and fraud by many folks who walk in with canes, and three hours later, getting lunch next door, getting along just fine without their canes. I have conversations with S.S. employees who witness it on a much greater level  than I do.

These kinds of conversations are exactly what caused me to wait so long to seek help from the VA. I see the stigma associated with people in these groups, and like it or not, we (disabled veterans) are a part of this group who are generalized by many as suck-offs to the general public. Now I know that is definitely not the case with most veterans, and I believe there is a good portion of our population that "separates" out disabled veterans and those living on SS and/or medicare (title 16 and title 2) and they should.

Coincidentally, just this morning before I came home, I had a conversation with a coworker in Fort Collins who just separated from the Army and he's 80%. But he proceeded to tell me that he's trying to get to 100% so that he can claim SS disability too. I've lost respect for the guy. He's clearly trying to game the system. When he tells me that he could pull in $3200 in VA and then an additional $2000-$2900 in SS disability, so that he can go fishing, hunting, and shooting, when he clearly is capable of working, than he has learned that gaming the system is okay, and that is not right. That man has zero integrity. Period.

I'm not saying RUREADY, that that is what you are doing. But please do be careful about how you post your threads and the wording you use. We're all generalized enough as it is, and when people read this, it's not very hard to see why you received the reaction you did. Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't worse than what it was.

Just putting my two cents out there.

Semper Fi all!

Sgt. Wilky

most the time I don't response to idiots but this is an exception I don't care whether

you are anyone else like me not here for friendship you don't have to response to anything

I post I get the answer I need Look at some of my post you should know that   and look at the views

who look at them. If you work for VA than so be it I am not the judge to tell another person who is faking

What I call faking is paying a xray doctor 10 grand to connect the dots that's cheating all over the world

I never had to pay a dime for mines

Brother,

I never said you were faking. I was just encouraging you to be careful how you worded your posts so that this situation doesn't arise again. I don't think you are faking.

Good Luck

Sgt. Wilky

BOHICA

Am I trying to game the system, you bet I am.  

When a vet wins a claim from an injury in WWII, or Korea, or Vietnam, etc in year 2015, do you really think the VA was not playing a game with that vet.

Get real, the system (game) is rigged against the vet.

Sit on your ass and except the VA's opinions, or go after them.

I'm sitting at 74, and if you dont think I am going after them for a 10 to get me 80, your an idiot.

Just saying,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

And you if you have a documentable claim then you aren't who is being discussed. If you are throwing shit against a wall just to get the next percentage because at some point the VA or the Army or whatever F*cked you over, then its bullshit and should be denied. This 'chip on my shoulder' shit needs to stop. Younger vets hear it and say 'screw it' and don't even bother because they get it so built up that the boogy man VA is out to get them. Over the last 10 years I have moved from 30% to 100% over time, several claims that I was able to back up, and only one appeal. Amazingly enough the VA isn't out to get 'you' and most of the time doesn't even know who 'you' are. There are about a million other vets in the system, too., you think they have time to single you out to ruin your day? 

I don't expect an answer, nor want one. The whole idea of this thread is that you know if you are justified or not and can back up a claim. If you have support for whatever it is, then eventually you will prevail. Its not a personal mission against you. Asking all over the internet about how to get that next percentage rung, and claim wording, and 'can I use this BVA decision....' and whatever just makes it look like you are fishing. I don't have time for it, and it takes up thread/forum space and takes time away from another veteran that could be being helped. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)