Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update on DRO hearing 3/21/2016

Rate this question

Jimmer

Question

Hi Everyone, I wanted to give you an update on my DRO hearing today 3/21/2016.   I took place at noon in Phoenix, AZ/. and it lasted about 40 minutes.  I went the informal route.  I made a two sets of the info needed (nexus letters, DBQ's, etc.) and numbered each item.  I had a recap page the stated what the item was an the corresponding number.  The DRO person told me, "I have been doing this for several years, and I have not such  a complete files like yours.  It makes my job much easier".  There were several issues involved, including   diaphragmatic paralysis, lower back,  dizziness/vertigo.  A couple of times when going over the information, the DRO person remarked, "I don't know why this is a issue, the file and supporting documentation, support the veteran's claim".   I felt good in the hearing, as the DRO seemed very knowledgeable, concerned, and took notes.  My VSO, had dealt with him before, and she said, he is one of the better ones, that I couldn't have received a better DRO person.  He told me at the end of the hearing that my information/documentation had supported my position, entirely.  So I will see what happens.   I owe a  wealth of gratitude for all of you help, preparing for this hearing.   Buck52, Asknod, Gastone, Navy4life, flores97, your input was spot on.  My VSO said I had done the best job preparing for the hearing of anyone she had ever seen.  The credit lies with all of you.  I couldn't have done it without your help.  If I missed naming  anyone, my apologies.  You have the wisdom and knowledge how to navigate thru the system.   Thank you once again.

Jimmer, that is fantastic news, I hope you get the everything you are entitled too, and that you don't have to wait long!! You did a great job!

Jimmer, AZ does have a property tax exemption, problem is unlike other states, in order to qualify you need cose to zip in income.

You wil need to call your county tax assessor for the details.  http://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-state-benefits/arizona-state-veterans-benefits.html

Green

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think they count VA  Compensation ?

ITS TAX FREE ANYWAYZ  but they Do SSD OR SSR and that would be considered low income

Yes Every State is Different Even tho This is a Federal Benefit Nation Wide.

JMO

.....................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Keep in mind that spousal income is also considered....

Green

Jimmer, May i inquire when you put your NOD in at the Phoenix VARO? 

-nukeum

SSDI
Total Award 100%

40% multi-level degenerative joint disease thoracolumbar spine, status post diskectomy at T11-T12 with scar (previously rated as status post diskectomy at T11-T12 with scar; scoliosis and limitation of motion of the thoracic-lumbar spine)

100% BiPolar Disorder Due to above

30% dysthemic disorder claimed as depression, concentration and memory problems secondary to medication
20% radiculopathy left lower extremity
20% radiculopathy right lower extremity
20% recurrent left ankle sprain with pitting edema
10% an undiagnosed illness manifested by headaches