Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update on DRO hearing 3/21/2016

Rate this question

Jimmer

Question

Hi Everyone, I wanted to give you an update on my DRO hearing today 3/21/2016.   I took place at noon in Phoenix, AZ/. and it lasted about 40 minutes.  I went the informal route.  I made a two sets of the info needed (nexus letters, DBQ's, etc.) and numbered each item.  I had a recap page the stated what the item was an the corresponding number.  The DRO person told me, "I have been doing this for several years, and I have not such  a complete files like yours.  It makes my job much easier".  There were several issues involved, including   diaphragmatic paralysis, lower back,  dizziness/vertigo.  A couple of times when going over the information, the DRO person remarked, "I don't know why this is a issue, the file and supporting documentation, support the veteran's claim".   I felt good in the hearing, as the DRO seemed very knowledgeable, concerned, and took notes.  My VSO, had dealt with him before, and she said, he is one of the better ones, that I couldn't have received a better DRO person.  He told me at the end of the hearing that my information/documentation had supported my position, entirely.  So I will see what happens.   I owe a  wealth of gratitude for all of you help, preparing for this hearing.   Buck52, Asknod, Gastone, Navy4life, flores97, your input was spot on.  My VSO said I had done the best job preparing for the hearing of anyone she had ever seen.  The credit lies with all of you.  I couldn't have done it without your help.  If I missed naming  anyone, my apologies.  You have the wisdom and knowledge how to navigate thru the system.   Thank you once again.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your Welcome Buddy, Glad to be a little help for ya.:smile:

I'm sure your going to get good rating results back, but don't be to happy just yet:huh:   wait until you get your official package from the Claims Intake Center':huh:

if you had  VSO like DAV Rep   he/she will send you a Unofficial Letter about 4 or 5 days prior to your Official letter...then its time to CELEBRATE :smile:

Way to Go:biggrin:

.............Buck

Thanks, buck52.  I know not to get my hopes high until I have the actual package with the results.   I know they can say one thing and do something else.  So I will wait,  until I get  the actual info. 

Jimmer that is awesome!  Sounds exactly how mine went!  You went in there well prepared and well informed!  Now the waiting begins.  I hope it's not long for you.  I am going on a month of waiting as of the 26th.  So we wait together!!!!!:smile:

Jimmer, feels like a Big Axx weight has been taken off your back, right.

At the very end of your DRO Hearing, did your DRO say anything about Awarding your Appeal or you having "60 Days to Submit additional N & M Evidence?" If not, check with your VSO Hearing Rep to be sure, no discussion of additional evidence  is a very good sign. Usually the clock on the 60 days has to run out, before the DRO even starts the Award/Denial Decision.

You should have a Retro Deposit, hit your Bank about (3) weeks before you receive the Official DRO Decision Award.

Does your State have a 100% SC or IU Veterans Property Tax Exemption? Fill out the App and be ready to file it with your City, when you receive your Award Letter.

Gastone, you are absolutely right, a big weight has been lifted off my back.  The DRO person said he didn't need any additional information, he kept on commenting that the information supported my claims.  He did say within 60 days I would have the results, possibly closer to 30 days.   I will check with the state on the property tax exemption, I do think Arizona does have that for veteran's.  Thanks for the info I will let you know when I receive the  final results.