VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

Rate this topic

GARYLINN

Let's not forget that some states waive property tax for 100% SC Vets.  If you avoided $2400 per year in taxes, that's another $200 per month.

How about time spent commuting.  Gas and other expenses associated with working.  You now avoid those costs.

But the biggest benefit I see is (while I'd rather have my health) that I get to spend more time with my family.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of us would rather have our health and so forth than the compensation.

Dealing with the VA is something that has to be experienced to believe.

I really could have done without decades of back pain and definitely without all the A.O. related problems that go back to military service. Then, a decade or so of fighting with the VA to just obtain the compensation called for by law. I even had to get the Nehmer class action lawyers involved!  Even VA health care can be a problem. The majority of my medical problems are beyond the level of a VA "PCP", or even the area VAMC, yet a VA PCP is the "gatekeeper". Outside medical services typically can provide the medical services I need within at most a few days. The VA often takes weeks or longer just to start the process to obtain the needed services.  Us Vietnam veterans don't have a lot of time left on the clock, and have little patience for the VA's bureaucratic ways of doing things.

My military service was in an era when many regulations were considered to be "guidance"  rather than an absolute do it this way or not at all. I still remember an event or two that showed the difference between then and now. One was ending up in front of an Admiral in charge of the Navy supply system at Yokosuka to explain why, as an enlisted man, I held the delegated authority to assign extremely high priority to replacement parts. (Non Mission capable, we don't leave port without it/them) Or, why I was riding a motorcycle with Japanese plates at the Cam Ranh Navy facility. ( Something about the security of certain parts and a requirement for a dedicated vehicle and so forth.)

As a result, it really irks me when the VA refuses to do things in a reasonable and efficient manner.

This website and a few others are invaluable to those veterans having to deal with the VA. Exposing the potential problems and ways to deal with them, based upon the experience of other veterans is extremely valuable. None of this was possible just a few years ago, before the internet became a major source of information. As to helping individuals with a particular case, I'd much rather point them in the right direction, and have them do the needed work, than get directly involved.

Occasionally, I may go beyond this, but it's quite uncommon. The last time (most recent)  was with a veteran that needed to keep the VA fiduciary scheme out of his life, and there were time constraints as well as other issues. He prevailed after calling for a hearing and so forth. To me, one of the most egregious VA acts is to use who pays bills as a competency pass/fail, with all the ramifications of fail.

• HadIt.com Elder

kelliemall

I started to say   60 grand a week working  damn  LoL

I have a son that has never been in the military   but he has been lucky that the VA Help pay for his education  and now makes 123.000.00 year  and My wife and I appreciate all the Help from the VA  We just disagree what all we have to do to get that help.

Chuck75   I understand what you mean, but if a veteran wins his claim for his Service Connected Disability at 100%  then this changes him and his familys whole world and opens up the doors for other opportunity's .

jmo

............Buck

Here's what I know, in my current job, my best year, with 20 hrs overtime per pay cycle, I cleared $32K take home, for a family of 4.  I would be way up s@#$ creek with out a paddle, if not for my VA comp check.  When I was laid off, years ago, my then 40% was the only thing keeping us afloat, and that was while draining my life savings...was a rough 9 months.

A couple missed or denied claims from 12-15yrs ago would have changed everything.  I'm grateful for what I do receive, and look forward to the future to when the rest finally comes through.  Then I know my family will not have to worry or count every penny anymore.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use