Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DONT DO DRO IF VSO ASKS

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

SO MIAN POINT WAS ,,, DO NOT DO A DRO REVIEW IF YOUR SERVICE VET REP SAYS GO FOR APPEAL.  THIS IS REAL BIG.... THIS MEANS IM SAYING TO ALL VETS TO SKATE  OUT OF THE DRO REVIEW ... NOW,,, IF SOMEONE TOLD YOU THAT YOU CAN WIN WITH THE DRO THEN OK BUT,,,, YOU ARE ONLY SMART TO TO SIGN THE I9 PUSHING IT TO BOARD OF VETERANS APPEALS., REASON IS,,,, ONCE YOU DO THAT THE RO WILL SAY OH xxxx,,,, THEN THEY WILL PUSH FOR ALL OF TYPES OF HEARINGS BUT AT SAME TIME KEEP YOUR PLACE ON DOCKET. SO,, SAY F-U TO DRO REVIEW THEN FILE YOUR FORM 9 AND LET THE RO DEAL WITH YOU AS YOU ASK FOR A PRINT OUT OF YOUR SUBSTANTIATED APPEAL. THIS WORKS FOLKS.. THATS WHY IM SAYING IT... THE ABSOLUTE MAIN POINT FOR BEGINERS IS THAT YOU REALLY WANT YOUR DOCKET NUMBER NOT YOUR DRO REVIEW. IM JUST TRYING TO HELP.!

Sandra,

Have you let your Senators and Congressmen know about your trials and trials and tribulations with the VA? Forgive me if I overlooked it.

Some years ago I contacted my Senator , and gave him a LONG "laundry" list of goof ups, errors, lies, deceptions....the VA made while handling my case.

Six weeks later I got a letter from the VA which didn't necessarily admit that they screwed up, but it did point out that they would "fix" their mistakes.

The following month I found myself at 80%, with no errors.

Was I just lucky, or did my Senator torch somebody's ass at the VA? Both I'm sure.:unsure:

Edited by allansc2005

That came from the comment section of an article on VA's website. I only shared it here as confirmation of what most veterans suspect or feel about VA. It certainly helps to go at it knowing what you are up against.  

Some claim to have had good experiences with VA, and that's good for them. In my 25 years of dealing with the VA, I have nothing good to say about them.

Personally, I would like to see VA completely dismantled. I want to see people standing at intersections holding up signs that say "Homeless Veterans Administration, Anything Helps!"

Edited by 8up4life

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to the VA Claim process   so get your mind in the right thought process and be ready for  a denial and be prepared for it...be ready to fight for your benefit's like most of us have to do.

If you get denied first time around  or any round always Appeal it never let them win, a lot of the claims depend on what type claim it is, if you have straight forward evidence in black & white and Dr' opinion in your favor  file that claim  and fight for it  its your right to fight for your benefit's(we should not need to do this but) just saying.

I have notice when a veteran has a long drawn out claim and  tons of paper work submitted I believe just my opinion  this is when the Raters  DRO's and even the C&P Examiner  don't read all of it and some parts of your evidence is crucial for a approval decision (obviously)....& you get ''denied''.you can still appeal  but when you file a claim get the evidence that will be  directly beneficial to your claim and file that and try to keep it short as you can, especially if your filing more than one claim.

when the raters have a well prepared claim in front of them and its all organized and paged numbered  (see page # 2  see Dr Smith Letter  ect,,ect,, this makes it a lot better for the rater  and usually you will be approved (usually) not always but your chances are a lot better for an approval.

(The Heart of your claim is Medical Evidence)

We can't do anything about them not reading our evidence or the main part of it  for an approval,so  Appeal it if denied   b/c we can still use that evidence if they don't read it  that means it was not used in the decision  so always remember that.

It should not take as long to adjuicate a claim like it does and hopefully this new Administration will do something about it...if enough veterans complain about the way were treated and the backlog of Claims to the  New VA Secretary   maybe things will start to change at the VA.

if your denied for whatever reason Always Appeal ....you will win eventually  time is our only enemy.

jmo

I found out the hard way, that everything said here is correct. I thought it was mainly me, but I see that it is the corrupt administration having the view that every illness, disease, or injury that is not the direct result of a projectile piercing the body, disabling some or all of the body from close to normal function, is not a disability at all. Illness, disease, and injuries are due to carelessness, lack of hygiene, or wreckless behavior,mane all were avoidable in the VAs eyes. 

I think I have more than enough hard black and white evidence on paper, documented by the governments own medical officers and doctors in Command of the largest Army hospital we had overseas testifying that I had acquired permanent defects restricting my ability to perform from now on and forever, and yet totally denied.

YES, my records have intentionally been withheld. I was being deceived before even getting honorably discharged, and I am sure the Army and VA knew at least in the 60s that Agent Orange was making us sick, especially us in the Delta, because it was affecting entire military operations. 

I believe any judge that is not corrupt to the bone would agree with my my claims, and that the Army/VA covered up my exposure, nearly dying 2 months after ETS from migraines I had been complaining about for months and months. They are still hiding those records, and gave me no mention of medical records when I got out. It took 45 years to get them.

image.jpeg